The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Associate Director, Digital Retention and Upgrading implements and manages marketing strategies to grow short- and long-term membership revenue from TNC donors.
The Associate Director, Digital Retention and Upgrading is responsible for designing, implementing and managing initiatives aimed at improving the retention of current donors through digital channels. The Associate Director works with key stakeholders, including staff in Digital Fundraising, Membership Communications, Membership Retention, Membership Strategy & Analytics, Membership Operations, Digital Systems, Digital Content/Engagement, Corporate Marketing, and Field Marketing, to meet retention and upgrading goals. S/he is responsible for selecting and managing the relationship with retention vendor(s). S/he manages the revenue and expense budgets of the digital retention, appeals and sustainer programs, as well as operational delivery of retention and upgrading strategies, whether applied internally or with external partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Responsible and accountable for meeting strategic goals and objectives associated with the digital retention, appeals and sustainer programs.
- Leads Digital Fundraising’s multichannel retention engagement and fundraising campaigns, including year end digital retention initiatives.
- Leads initiatives to understand, develop strategies for, and target priority retention audiences, including donors in their first year on file, high-value donors, sustainers, and other priority groups.
- Identifies and implements new initiatives, channels, messaging streams, tools and processes to ensure growth of the digital retention program.
- Oversees regular testing of each point in the donation funnel, including email content/templates, landing pages, homepage promotions, and messaging streams to ensure optimal performance by recognizing and adjusting to trends in audience behaviors.
- Develops staffing plan to support future growth, and manages digital retention team.
- Financial responsibilities include budget planning and managing project budget. Provides input to budget process
- Leads digital retention engagements with consulting firm(s), selecting agency(ies) as needed and serving as the primary relationship manager to ensure that consultant dollars are spent efficiently to raise revenue for the digital renewals, sustainers, and appeals programs.
- Collaborates with staff and consultants working within digital fundraising, membership, and marketing on projects with mutual value.
- Acts independently within specific program or project goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 9 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in digital fundraising systems and strategies, including eCRMs, digital analytics and reporting, digital advertising, email, and marketing automation.
- Experience managing staff and teams.
- Experience developing marketing plans and measuring results.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience leading complex project and program/account management including financial responsibilities, and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Management experience that includes ability to lead, motivate, set objectives and manage performance and conflict resolution.
- Experience using data to drive decisions leading to a diverse, scalable model for digital retention and upgrading.
- Comfortable with the pace of change and innovation within digital fundraising.
- Fosters an environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to persuasively convey the mission of The Nature Conservancy to the public.
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in digital fundraising. Cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives.
- Demonstrated ability in managing the fiduciary aspects of planning and delivery of budgets.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID 46187 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST February 20, 2018 .
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.