Sr Editor, University Publications
Requisition Number S1975P
Auburn University Advancement seeks candidates for a Sr Editor, University Publications. Reporting to the Director of University Communications Services, this position plans, directs and coordinates editorial activities, being tasked with producing and editing high-level news and other editorial content for the university. This position requires strong writing and editing skills and past experience pitching and landing news at the highest levels. The successful candidate also must be skilled in persuasive storytelling, have a strong knowledge of Associated Press Writing Style and have the ability to manage complex communications projects and story mine dynamic content that elevates the Auburn brand.
It is an exciting time to join Auburn Advancement which includes Operations and Strategy, Talent and Culture, Engagement, Philanthropy, and Communication. Led by Senior Vice President John Morris, an energetic, experienced, and respected advancement leader, this newly formed organization has a vision to lead and shape the future of advancement. It will embrace purpose, collaboration, innovation, and production as core values. Auburn Advancement is committed to a culture that fosters mutual respect, inclusion, accountability, and professional development. It offers a modern work environment where employees are trusted to realize their full potential and earn their pinnacle career experience.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
• Develops and implements editorial policies for university publications.
• Write and edit internal and/or external stories, articles, newsletters, advertisements, speeches and/or news releases for digital and print publications.
• Interfaces between campus clients and design team, editors, and senior administrators.
• Plans, design, review and coordinate the layout of publications, and collaborate with graphic designers and illustrators to determine the design of a communication method.
• Consults with authors when needed on content and publication planning for various types of publications and communications.
• Work with external media outlets to place stories on a regional and national basis related to Auburn University in print and digital outlets.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
• 5 Years of Experience
• Writing and editing communications/ publications and/or in journalism
• Knowledge of Associated Press Writing Style and various communication mediums to include all types and sources of media such as writing, photography, web page creation, and computer design.
Salary Range $61,700 – $104,900
How To Apply
Link for posting: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/32261
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.