Director, Advancement Information Technology (Non-Faculty)
Requisition Number S1675P
Director, Advancement Information Technology
Auburn University Advancement seeks candidates for a Director, Advancement Information Technology position, responsible for setting strategy and maintaining the operations of the Advancement Information Technology (IT) department.
This position collaborates with leadership to initiate, develop, and apply IT strategy aligned with Advancement priorities. With a service-minded approach, this position ensures technology supports business requirements and maintains organization-defined service level agreements. The Director ensures data integrity and security throughout the data lifecycle as well as provides leadership for the functions of infrastructure services, help desk, enterprise application development, business intelligence, data governance and project management. This position is also responsible for thoughtfully considering the stakeholders, mission, and goals of Auburn University Advancement in decision-making processes.
It is an exciting time to join Auburn Advancement which includes Advancement Services, Talent and Culture, Engagement, Philanthropy, and Communication. Led by Senior Vice President John Morris, an energetic, experienced, and respected advancement leader, this newly formed organization has a vision to lead and shape the future of advancement. It will embrace purpose, collaboration, innovation, and production as core values. Auburn Advancement is committed to a culture that fosters mutual respect, inclusion, accountability, and professional development. It offers a modern work environment where employees are trusted to realize their full potential and earn their pinnacle career experience.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Ensures technology services are planned and delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, and in alignment with organizational direction, objectives, and expectations.
- Delivers technology platforms and network infrastructure appropriate to support business applications in a secure, reliable, maintainable, and cost-effective manner. Maintains oversight of the Advancement database and its related tools and business processes.
- Ensures processes are in place for IT data security, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity, and that these processes are reviewed regularly to remain current and comprehensive.
- Works with the Advancement colleagues to develop and maintain data governance standards. Maintains data quality and standardizes business rules and data definitions through a data governance model.
- Delivers software application systems that provide required functionality in a secure, timely, high-quality, and cost-effective manner.
- Oversees the IT project management function and establishes project management standards to optimize project resources, improve quality, and reduce risk.
- Manage financial and resourcing constraints; defines budgets and targets for individual projects and annual plans.
- Ensures business continuity and disaster recovery for IT services and data.
- Provides leadership to IT Steering Committee, informing committee decision-making. Identifies and recommends major initiatives, and prioritizes business needs for IT services.
- Serves as a key partner in the design and implementation of analytics strategy needed to methodically and iteratively structure, test, validate, and communicate data-driven insights from complex sources and a significant volume of data.
- Leads the team in managing customer expectations and effectively resolving conflict as needed to deliver effective, timely and cost-effective services.
- Serves as the primary liaison between Advancement and Information Technology at Auburn University. Works collaboratively with the Office of Information Technology/ CIO to ensure consistency across university-wide technology initiatives.
- Keeps current with technological changes, advances, trends, issues, and pricing associated with IT in the Advancement industry, including best practices, security and compliance, infrastructure and applications; develops and maintains staff expertise in current and anticipated information technologies.
- Maintains regular communications with supervisor, regarding issues, objectives, and activities.
- Plans and oversees the overall operational, reporting, budgetary, and financial responsibilities of Advancement IT; develops and maintains work systems, procedures, and productivity standards that contribute to the mission and goals of Advancement and enable optimum performance of the people and other resources within it; allocates resources to effectively accomplish the work Advancement IT; monitors, evaluates, and aims to improve effectiveness of unit operations; makes business decisions that are consistent with the Advancement mission, organizational culture and values.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 6 Years of Experience
- Experience in management, project planning, and budgeting with progressively increasing levels of responsibility and accountability. Must have 2 years experience directly supervising full-time employees.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of information technology principles and applications, computer system management methodologies, and new technologies. Knowledge of principles and practices of leadership, motivation, team building, and conflict resolution. Knowledge of modern office practices, methods and computer equipment. Knowledge of budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Experience in higher education advancement and/or the non-profit industry.
- In-depth understanding of data analytics and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, as well as database transition experience.
Salary Range: $90,800 – $151,300
Link for Postings https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29654
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
Link for Postings https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29654