About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Auburn Advancement seeks candidates for the position of Administrative Support Specialist in the Engagement department. This position will have an emphasis on the Auburn Clubs program, a multifaceted national and international network of over 100 clubs and affinity groups. In addition to providing general clerical and administrative support to the Auburn Clubs Coordinators, the individual in this position will work closely with an extensive array of volunteers.
It is an exciting time to join Auburn Advancement which includes Operations and Strategy, Talent and Culture, Engagement, Philanthropy, and Communication. Led by Senior Vice President John Morris, an energetic, experienced, and respected advancement leader, this newly formed organization has a vision to lead and shape the future of advancement. It will embrace purpose, collaboration, innovation, and production as core values. Auburn Advancement is committed to a culture that fosters mutual respect, inclusion, accountability, and professional development. It offers a modern work environment where employees are trusted to realize their full potential and earn their pinnacle career experience.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains the accuracy of club records, calendars, and volunteer contact information for the alumni database
• Assists in scheduling meeting speakers and representatives
• Coordinates speaker and representative travel arrangements as well as creates and disseminates travel itineraries for approximately 70 meetings
• Serves as a point of contact to club leaders and alumni volunteers
• Collects preliminary details and initiates the creation of print and electronic publications for meeting/event promotion; calculates, posts, verifies, and tracks invoices, receipts, and other financial documents for multiple budgets
• Processes vendor and travel payments; documents minutes in quarterly board committee meetings
• Ensures professional written and verbal correspondence to volunteers
• Researches and resolves policy-related or procedural issues
• Assists in the planning and execution of Club Leadership Conference and other special events
• Provides exceptional customer service to alumni, club leaders, and volunteers; and performs other support duties of similar difficulty.
Minimum Education and Experience
Please review most current job description: http://www.auburn.edu/administration/human_resources/compensation/ccp/jd/jd-title.htm
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience: 4
Area of Experience: Administrative support services
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
• Level I requires a high diploma or equivalent plus 4 years of experience in administrative support services.
• Level II requires a high diploma or equivalent plus 6 years of experience in administrative support services.
Proficiency in computer programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and alumni database; possess extensive skills in office management to include coordinating and maintaining calendars/schedules, meetings and events, and coordinating detailed travel arrangements and itineraries; exhibits excellent interpersonal communication skills in person and on the telephone as well as exhibits strong writing skills.
Posting Detail Information
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/30215