About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
The Office of Philanthropy Communications within Auburn Advancement seeks applicants for a communications and marketing manager to serve as a communications and marketing strategist, writer and content producer for fundraising print and digital communications at the university level and for campus partners. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy Communications, this position concepts, writes and edits high-level, customized donor communications that directly impact the university’s fundraising efforts and is responsible for planning, leading and managing the unit’s integrated content strategy for philanthropy across multiple platforms. This position requires a talent for persuasive storytelling, knowledge of AP Writing Style, the ability to use written communications to further the university’s fundraising efforts, craft messaging consistent with the office’s voice and branding identity, collaborate with designers to create collateral materials, and manage complex communications projects.
It is an exciting time to join Auburn Advancement which includes Operations and Strategy, Talent and Culture, Engagement, Philanthropy, and Communications. Led by Senior Vice President John Morris, an energetic, experienced, and respected advancement leader, this newly formed organization has a vision to lead and shape the future of advancement. It will embrace purpose, collaboration, innovation, and production as core values. Auburn Advancement is committed to a culture that fosters mutual respect, inclusion, accountability, and professional development. It offers a modern work environment where employees are trusted to realize their full potential and earn their pinnacle career experience.
The communications manager will collaborate with others on a creative team, as well as colleagues in central Advancement and colleges/units to:
• Provide strategy, concept and content for a wide range of donor-centered communications to include major gift proposals, solicitations, impact reports, naming brochures and other collateral
• Serve as the lead writer and editor for targeted, persuasive marketing and communications materials for multiple audiences, including brochures, print ads, digital ads, social media, websites, videos and other material
• Manage the unit’s overall content strategy to direct content creation and placement across channels to increase philanthropic gifts to the university
• Develop and implement marketing strategies for various initiatives and fundraising campaigns
• Work with frontline fundraisers and Advancement Marketing to create strategy and drive content creation, aligning strategy with university and unit priorities
• Collaborate with university partners, Advancement units and alumni and donors to create, shape and repurpose content, fueling philanthropic storytelling across a variety of platforms and channels such as the Auburn Magazine, university websites, university and donor events, videos and more
• Manage strategic and integrated communications projects, determining the appropriate messaging, platform and content
Minimum Education and Experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
• Strong command of both strategic and tactical communications approaches
• Keen understanding of tailoring compelling messaging to various audiences
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement appropriate communications and marketing strategy
• Proficiency in managing and implementing an integrated content strategy focused on goals and objectives
• Creative capabilities in concepting, writing and editing audience-based communications
• Writing samples and/or portfolio that showcase creativity and writing skills
• Ability to work with a creative team, as well as independently
• Desired Qualifications • Ability to analyze communications data to refine and enhance strategy and production
• Ability to create and place compelling philanthropic content according to a content strategy
• Experience in assessing donor behavior in order to create messaging and collateral across platforms
• Project management software experience that includes production schedules, digital asset management and content strategy application.
• A level of professionalism and comfort working closely with senior leaders
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/31468