The Annie E. Casey Foundation believes that all children have a right to become successful adults. Children of color continue to disproportionately lag behind white children on key indicators that would put them on a path to success. The Annie E. Casey Foundation is committed to providing support to Casey staff, grantees and partners so they can make better decisions and implement policies and practices that advance equitable opportunities for all children and families.
The Race Equity and Inclusion (REI) portfolio is focused on three strategies that drive our work :Creating and disseminating data products that Casey staff, grantees and partners can use to strengthen their decision making and measure progress toward results. Developing and disseminating best practices and resources that support the application of REI tools and strategies. Advancing policy and practice changes that increase equitable opportunities and outcomes for all children.
The senior associate is a full-time, senior-level professional position at the Foundation. Senior associates lead major efforts at the Foundation and manage complex teams and relationships with internal and external partners. Senior associates have opportunities to deepen their formal knowledge, expand their networks and challenge their thinking about improving outcomes for disadvantaged children and distressed neighborhoods.
- Demonstrate awareness and appreciation of the Foundation’s mission, values, standards, principles and programs
- Inform and organize the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of Race Equity and Inclusion strategies, tasks, resources and tools
- Collect, measure, interpret and analyze data to inform Race Equity and Inclusion strategies, program offerings, trainings and tool development that ultimately improve outcomes for Foundation staff and the populations we serve
- Promote the Foundation’s focus on Race Equity and Inclusion strategies and equitable opportunities framework to Casey staff, grantees, partners and stakeholders
- Inform, guide and/or provide thought partnership to Casey staff, grantees, partners and stakeholders regarding Race Equity and Inclusion goals and strategies
- Work in partnership with other Casey units to ensure alignment of results
- Make recommendations to the director regarding grant making and identification of consultants to support the work
- Design, plan, manage and/or facilitate Race Equity and Inclusion conferences, trainings, meetings or other convenings of Casey staff, grantees, partners and stakeholders
- Provide one-on-one coaching/mentoring to Casey staff, grantees, partners and other stakeholders to advance their work
- Share insight, knowledge and lessons learned to philanthropic peers who wish to implement similar institutional strategies
- Review and provide feedback on draft publications, resources and tools
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts, communities, organizations and networks by attending meetings and communicating with national partners and local communities
- Prepare budget requests for assigned projects and monitor spending
- Develop performance measures and execute grant agreements
- Perform administrative duties in support of the above work
Please apply online at www.aecf.org/careers.aspx
The Annie E. Casey Foundation
701 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21202