Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 75-year history, a budget of approximately $58 million per year, and over 95 headquarters staff. For several decades the organization has received the vast majority of its funding from the federal government and has developed a widely-recognized expertise in implementing federal programs on behalf of refugees and migrants living within the borders of the United States. Working with and through partners across the country, LIRS resettles refugees, reunites children with their families or provides loving homes for them, conducts policy advocacy, and pursues humanitarian alternatives to the immigration detention system.
- Enter pertinent donor data into Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with proofreading and editing fundraising materials.
- Prepare donor correspondence such as thank you letters, memos, emails, and other communications on behalf of the department.
- Arrange, schedule and execute important meetings, both on and offsite.
- Assist with prospect research.
- Recommend major donor prospects to Director for Development for further engagement and cultivation.
- Manage invoices and related check requests.
- Assist with preparation of monthly reports for the finance department.
- Organize and maintain files and records.
- Provide support in fundraising team’s execution of donor events and other fundraising activities.
- Act as backup to Data Manager for gift entry.
- Support special development projects as necessary and attend Baltimore based events associated with fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Undergraduate degree is required.
- 2-3 years of work experience within a nonprofit fundraising/ development environment.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an excellent attention to details.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of data management systems, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent communication skills and strong donor relationship management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and other Microsoft software is essential.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce.
- Commitment to LIRS’s core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.