The New England Grassroots Environment Fund (Grassroots Fund) is a 501(c)(3) environmental justice funder with a mission to energize and nurture long term civic engagement in local initiatives that create and maintain healthy, just, safe and environmentally sustainable communities.
Our program work:
- fosters innovation by directly providing grants to frontline environmental justice/just transition organizers and engaging in conversation around our guiding practices towards transformative work;
- amplifies voices through our participatory modeling focused on shifting power in decision-making;
- convenes changemakers through our Community of Practice work, RootSkills Training Series, Catalyst Conversations and pop-up offices;
- reimagines philanthropy through our shared decision-making model of grantmaking and by working to disrupt white supremacy culture across programs.
The Grassroots Fund co-creates healthy and sustainable communities throughout New England by providing individuals and groups – particularly those who have been traditionally marginalized – with access to the tools, resources and connections they need to achieve environmental and social justice. Our Guiding Practices are fundamental to our mission, functions and programs.
The Grassroots Fund seeks a dynamic and collaborative individual who has an established record of direct environmental justice/just transition work in marginalized communities. The Program Manager works with a team of two other Program Managers and reports to the Director of Operations. The Program Manager has four primary focus areas in support of the organization’s mission:
1. Lead facilitation of the Grow grant program, which includes managing a 3-tiered participatory process with an open call for application readers, planning grantmaking committee retreats (in collaboration with a planning committee), providing applicant support, managing grant intake, review, and management of grant awards;
2. Design and facilitate a (new to the Grassroots Fund) cohort program that brings together grassroots organizers around narrative strategy & movement building. Program manager will collaborate with consultant(s) to set program goals, design content, manage logistics of (virtual) cohort meetings and assist in the delivery of narrative outcomes (Community Stories as blog posts, podcasts or videos);
3. Manage social media platforms and coordinate staff content/contributions.
4. Collaborate with fellow Program Managers to deliver an integrated series of convenings (pop-up offices, Catalyst Convenings & RootSkills trainings) and community of practice opportunities for grassroots organizers;
Job Location: Staff members are based out of Newmarket, NH and Burlington, VT but are working remotely for the foreseeable future due to the COVID19 pandemic. This position will ideally be based in one of our offices. Consideration will be given to permanent remote staffing, provided staff member is based in New England and could work out of one of the offices on an agreed upon minimum routine with transportation costs reimbursement. Learn More
How To Apply
Please submit a single PDF that contains a cover letter, current résumé and the names and contact information of at least three professional or relevant references. We will begin review/interviews as applications are received with priority given to applications received by August 10th, 2020. Please send your PDF application file to: email@example.com. Please direct any questions to email only.