The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 60 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity; therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Want to help save the planet? One quarter of The Nature Conservancy’s fundraising revenue comes from supporters who have named our organization a beneficiary of their estate plans. Many long-time donors make a gift in their will or trust to their favorite charities to ensure that the work they believe in will continue beyond their lifetime. The Conservancy considers these donors an important part of our “family” and invests the funds from these gifts in critical work to conserve lands and waters around the world for future generations. Join our team in a new initiative to build a meaningful stewardship and cultivation program for our loyal donors and help raise even more of these gifts critical to our conservation mission. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is highly motivated, loves interacting with diverse constituencies and supporters, and is interested in joining the world’s leading conservation organization.
The Loyal Donor Program is seeking an energetic and dedicated professional to serve as Loyal Donor Officer in Maryland This position works closely with fundraising staff to secure bequest notifications, steward our most loyal supporters, and uncover major and planned gift potential. Our ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment, have experience working with donors, and has exceptional attention to detail. The Loyal Donor Officer will apply knowledge of our local, regional, and global conservation projects to their donor-centric approach to cultivation and solicitation of loyal donors. To be successful and happy in this position, candidates should have a strong interest in working with donors, an interest in learning about our organization’s conservation priorities and planned giving, and be available to travel when needed. We value collaborative approaches, diverse perspectives, and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
· Experience building relationships with donors, volunteers, and staff.
· Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
· Experience working with cross-functional teams.
· Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles and practices.
· Multi-lingual; multi-cultural; cross cultural experience and background an asset.
· Ability to determine an individual’s interests, capacity and potential for helping the Conservancy meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with the Conservancy’s work.
· Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate donors and volunteers.
· Ability to implement and manage fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans.
· Major gift and direct fundraising experience.
· Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, specifically planned giving.
High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
How To Apply
This position will be based in the Bethesda, MD office. We offer a competitive salary with great benefits. Positions start between $76,000 and $82,000. For a complete position description and to apply, visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID # 46234.
Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of all genders, diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, Disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.