Proteus Fund partners with foundations, advocates and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights and peace. We work towards the realization of a just, equitable and democratic world. Our current major initiatives work to address money in politics and protect judicial independence and freedom of assembly; to counter anti-Muslim sentiment and build the capacity of organizations representing Muslim, Arab, and South Asian communities; and to support collaboration between reproductive justice and LGBTQ advocates and faith leaders to protect fundamental rights.
The IT Associate supports the Director of Information Services in maintaining the integrity of all Proteus Fund technology as related to information technology and systems. The IT Associate provides frontline help desk support to Proteus Fund staff as end users, giving prompt and professional resolution to problems with Proteus Fund standard hardware, software or network and communications tools or services. The IT Associate acts as frontline troubleshooter and collaborates regularly with the Director of IS on network modeling, analysis, planning and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position. A remote arrangement can be made for those in Greater Boston, MA; Providence, RI; or Hartford, CT area. The individual must be able to work out of the Amherst, MA office periodically.
Proteus Fund welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people; and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
• Provide responsive, timely support to all end-user questions and requests. Answer the support help line, email and chat, resolve problems, document issue and resolution in help desk database, and ensure timely follow-through. Maintain service level agreements on response turnaround. Set end-user expectations for resolution time and communicate changes in status, as necessary.
• Serve as primary desktop support for all incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware; including, but not limited to Windows 10, Office 365 and all associated applications, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, LastPass and TPx communication platforms.
• Work directly with Director of IS to resolve issues pertaining to the network including, but not limited to LAN, WAN, VPN and special application issues.
• Perform installation, configuration and upgrades of desktop hardware and software as determined with the Director of IS.
• Inventory and maintain all office peripheral equipment including printers, phones, and audiovisual equipment.
• Inventory and maintain proper inventory levels for end-users and replacement needs.
• Create instruction materials and provide one-on-on training as directed and necessary.
• Participate in technical research, surveys and development to enable continuing innovation.
• Coordinate support of the Information Services Department with hardware and software vendors.
• Assist in training, scheduling and distributing work and information.
The IT Associate will be proactive and able to self-manage, prioritize work assignments, problem solve, manage multiple tasks and represent Proteus Fund in a professional manner. They will also possess strong customer service skills and the ability to effectively communicate detailed information.
Additional requirements and experience include:
• Proteus values academic and real-world experience, 2-3 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and experience will be considered. We value candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will help them to contribute;
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks on Windows platform;
• Knowledge and experience with supporting Microsoft Office 365 and associated applications;
• Customer-service focus;
• Ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy, as well as to manage one’s work in a fast-paced environment;
• Time management and organization;
• Analytical and problem solving abilities;
• Ability to multi-task;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; and
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively in an office and remote, virtual setting.
Alignment to Culture and Values
• Commitment to vision and mission, of Proteus as a progressive social justice organization
• Cultural responsiveness and an alignment with our values and commitment to equity and inclusion
• Strong relationship building; high ethical standards, discretion, and tact
• Personal qualities of humility and empathy
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $62,000 per year.
• Medical and dental benefits for employee and eligible dependents available on first day of work
• Retirement savings account (401k) with an organization contribution of 10% of annual salary
• Three weeks’ paid vacation in first year of work; four weeks in subsequent years
• Fifteen sick days per year
• Three personal days per year
• Twelve paid holidays
• Professional development initiatives for growth
• Paid Family Leave
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Proteus Fund, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law
How To Apply
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume by March 12, 2021 to: