The General Alumni Association serves Carolina and our students – past, present and future. The GAA is your Carolina connection and provides publications, programs, services, records management and legislative advocacy to support our University and to keep us connected to Chapel Hill and to each other.The GAA is a self-governed, nonprofit membership organization that serves The University of North Carolina and its many alumni, students, parents and friends. Through our programs, the GAA promotes a spirit of fellowship and loyalty among alumni, provides a continuous flow of information on the progress and needs of the University, and encourages united alumni support for its advancement.
The GAA’s Enrichment Programs are a key component in the association’s mission of serving and engaging UNC’s alumni and GAA members. This senior-level role of Director of Enrichment Programs leads a team of 10 alumni relations professionals and has overall leadership responsibility for program development that supports the association’s membership retention and acquisition goals. Those programs include: Homecoming and Reunion Activities, Education and Travel, Alumni Clubs, Career Services and Student Programs.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably from UNC
- Five or more years of academic and/or alumni relations experience
- Experience within a comprehensive, research university setting
- Significant experience and ability in promoting, organizing and executing events
- Proven ability to manage and lead effectively, both people and programs, including planning, resource allocation, budget allocation and supervision
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to motivate and work with volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, creativity and imagination, coupled with an appreciation for University and alumni traditions
- Ability to interact successfully with a variety of people, including high-level administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
Applicants should submit an introductory letter, resume, professional references, a salary history and links to any online work samples via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Director of Enrichment Programs Search
P.O. Box 660
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-0660
No telephone calls or faxes, please. All applications will be acknowledged.