At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
· We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
· We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
· We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
The Foundation is pleased to announce the position of Learning & Evaluation Officer. The officer leads L&E support for several of the Foundation’s strategies. They play an integral role in helping the Foundation assess its progress and impact for these strategies, and supports staff in the design and refinement of organizational strategies. As part of this work, the officer is responsible for overseeing the collection of evidence, designing and deploying evaluation studies, and engaging the teams in learning that both informs future strategy work and assesses existing work. This position is responsible for implementing the L&E team’s approaches to strategic support, assessing progress and impact, creating learning, and knowledge management for each of the strategy teams they support – with an emphasis on being able to tailor planning and actions to the context and priorities of each strategy team. They participate and contribute to capacity-building around evidence and learning, and participate in reflection on the L&E team’s own practices with the intent of improving practice.
Candidates will have a personal commitment and connection with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities. They will need to be able to apply principles of health equity and racial justice across all of their work, as well as integrate concepts of strategy formation and refinement, systems thinking, complexity, adaptive/emergent strategy, worldviews and power.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the following key areas:
· Experience designing evaluations to assess the progress and impact of strategy
· Experience helping groups or organizations integrate evidence into their decisions
· Experience designing and implementing learning practices, with strong facilitation and group process skills
· Demonstrated ability to center evaluation, learning and strategy work in principles of equity
· Superb skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and an ability to make decisions and see paths forward even when there is considerable ambiguity
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, within and across teams
· Exceptional motivation to identify issues, innovate solutions, and continuously improve practice
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Candidates must possess:
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years in lead roles that involved designing evaluation and learning practices, or
· Additional relevant education (masters or PhD) and three years’ relevant experience
· A valid Colorado driver’s license is required for travel throughout the state.
The salary range for this position is $71,199 – $96,291 per year, paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits. The starting salary will be based on experience. This is a full-time in-office position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
How To Apply
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes on 4/10/22
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.