The Colorado Trust is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to achieving health equity for all Coloradans. Partnering with individuals, groups and communities across the state, The Colorado Trust’s vision is that all Coloradans have fair and equal opportunities to lead healthy, productive lives regardless of race, ethnicity, income or where we live. We define health equity as ending inequalities that affect racial, ethnic, low-income and other vulnerable populations, so that everyone will have fair and equal opportunities to achieve good health.
The finance & operations executive assistant reports to and works closely with the vice president & chief financial officer to provide direct support for the Finance & Operations Department by ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget. This support also includes documentation, meeting and logistical coordination, and financial and back-office support. This position is based in the Denver office.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, creating timelines and setting benchmarks
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives; manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop project schedules and work plans; manage them from inception to completion
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships
- Assist with creating, maintaining and adhering to budgets
- Act as the point of contact for all project participants, corresponding in a professional and timely manner
- Coordinate, schedule and organize Finance & Operations Department meetings and events; this includes logistical support for meeting space, catering, interpretation/translation services, supplies and more
- Actively seek constant improvement of Finance & Operations Department processes
- Handle administrative requests from the vice president & chief financial officer, including preparing materials for meetings and document support
- Create, review and process monthly expense reports and invoices for self and the vice president & chief financial officer, accurately and on time
- Manage the vice president & chief financial officer’s calendar and email inbox
- Assist the vice president & chief financial officer with reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications
- Coordinate, create, edit and maintain materials for regular board and board committee meetings
- Record meeting minutes for quarterly board committee meetings
- Act as point of contact for all program-related investments; schedule and attend meetings, draft memos for board approval, communication and project management
- Draft program-related investment contracts and coordinate negotiation, execution and payment of those contracts
- Review and complete applications/materials for Opportunity Fund grants
- Coordinate daily approvals and signatures for the vice president & chief financial officer
- Work closely with the vice president & chief financial officer to organize and align strategic priorities for the Finance & Operations Department
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the vice president & chief financial officer, including transportation and accommodations
- Serve as notary public for the Denver office
- Other duties as assigned
- Five or more years of experience and/or training in executive-level administrative support; OR a commensurate combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and other software tools (e.g., Basecamp, Monday, Google Docs, SharePoint, Doodle, Zoom), with aptitude to quickly learn and adopt new software and systems
- Experience creating and maintaining effective systems of organizing information, materials and communication
- Proven ability to problem-solve and follow-up appropriately on process and procedural issues, using good judgment
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Experience arranging travel
- Experience managing calendars
- Experience managing confidential information
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicular transportation
- Proficiency in English (required) and Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to sit for up to four hours at a time, namely in meetings.
- Passion for and commitment to The Trust’s health equity vision, and its mission of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, especially across race, ethnicity, gender and class
- Commitment to issues of community, diversity, equity, integrity and fairness
- Comfort serving collaborative teams of colleagues both on-site and in remote locations
- Ongoing commitment to improving skills and knowledge acquisition
- Ability to handle confidential issues with discretion
- Action-oriented, self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Comfort creating and adhering to organized systems within flexible and dynamic community environments.
Salary and benefits
$83,500-$93,000 annually. The Trust offers its employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance and paid time off.
How To Apply
Please apply via The Trust’s online application system. Registration is not necessary to use this system. Document uploads may be required. The application system is currently only available in English; applicants who would prefer to apply in Spanish may apply via email if needed. All other applications must be received via the online application system. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
The deadline to apply for this position is 5 p.m. MST on Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
The Trust seeks talented, team-oriented individuals, dedicated to our goal of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado. Additionally, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome a diversity of perspectives and experiences among our staff. For more information, please visit www.coloradotrust.org.