At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
· We serve Coloradans who have low income and have historically had less power or privilege.
· We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
· We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
The Foundation is excited to announce the opening for Senior IT Manager. This position manages information technology, audio-visual systems, network infrastructure, end user support, cybersecurity, system documentation, data integrity and business applications that support the Foundation. The manager administers IT/FAC department service desk, leads technology projects to support our mission and enhance customer service delivery.
In addition the senior manager is responsible for:
– providing primary support and end user training on all hardware and software, network operations, telecommunications, and audio-visual systems
– supervising the IT helpdesk technician ensuring timely customer service
– handling testing and quality assurance of work performed by the IT team, technology contractors and vendors, and
– researching technology for annual facilities and IT budgets.
A successful candidate:
· Will be a passionate IT professional who enjoys a broad range of responsibilities to work in our vibrant mid-size philanthropic organization implementing complex technologies along with providing excellent customer support.
· Will get excited about integrating data systems, managing infrastructure as well as setting up laptops and supporting users with software applications.
Our new senior manager will be a solid problem solver who can apply a methodical, positive and patient approach to IT support. They will have the ability to work alone, or as part of a cross functional team, always demonstrating solid customer-service skills, whether working in-person or remotely.
This role is ideal for an established professional with a strong background in technical support management, end-user support, project management, and vendor management. The position requires:
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology plus five years’ experience in IT management and network administration. Four additional years of direct experience may be substituted for a degree.
· Advanced proficiency in VMWare and MS business and server products (Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint), Cybersecurity systems, and network infrastructure maintenance
· Significant experience with data analysis and data management, and other business intelligence reporting tools
· Experience in service desk and staff management
· Valid Colorado Driver’s license
It is an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.6 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. The Foundation provides a robust benefit and wellness package, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The starting range for this position is $95,872 – $112,600 per year, paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits.
This is a full-time in-office position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff. The position requires standing or sitting in stationary positions for extended periods of time and the ability to lift/move 50 pounds and unbox then set-up equipment often crawling under desks and in tight spaces. All IT staff are required to have 24/7 availability for facilities & IT emergencies, IT/AV maintenance, installations, and unplanned outages.
How To Apply
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters, stating which position(s) interest you, on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes 8/21/22
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.