All Detroit children deserve to dare, dream and do big things. It starts with a quality education.
Detroit Children’s Fund is an organization dedicated to equity and inclusion, fulfilling a social responsibility to educate all children. We are non-profit committed to helping Detroit children receive the quality education they deserve. We do this by making leaders stronger, teachers more effective and school systems more successful. By being laser-focused on public school quality, we are investing in the hopes, dreams, and future of Detroit children.
The Role: The Chief Advancement Officer is responsible for creating, supporting, and implementing strategies that fuel DCF with the resources needed to conduct its important work. The Chief Advancement Officer is an important leader in building and stewarding DCF’s reputation and credibility with its funders in the business and philanthropic communities. Doing so will require building relationships, planning and executing major fundraising campaigns and events, and communicating to with various stakeholders on a regular basis. The Chief Advancement Officer will work closely with all members of the DCF team to support the organization’s success and help DCF become a force for good within public education in Detroit and Michigan.
Required Experience and Skillsets:
- Direct and oversee DCF’s key development priorities including capital campaign, major gifts, corporate relations, planned giving, special events and annual fund.
- Provide executive direction in developing a marketing and public relations program to promote DCF activities. Develop a strategic marketing program that builds respect locally, and potentially nationally.
- Cultivate, solicit, and provide stewardship for a portfolio of major gift prospects and provide leadership to other development members.
- Overall responsibility for the management and success of the capital campaign.
- Assist leadership in developing, communicating and monitoring the DCF’s strategic objectives and critical success factors.
- Work closely with leadership and the Board of Directors and other constituents in managing campaign and other related fundraising events and activities.
- Identify community resources that can complement DCF’s efforts and eliminate duplication.
- Manages the role of Senior Major Gifts Officer
- Adheres to all DCF policies and procedures.
- Excellent relationship builder. Seeks to understand what motivates people and has a gift for investing others in mission-oriented work.
- Familiarity with – or deep willingness to learn – about public education, school systems, schools and educators.
- Thorough understanding of best practices in fundraising and campaign development.
- Must possess diversified fundraising skills to build on the financial and organizational strengths of the Institute.
- Sound and reliable professional judgment required and ability to maintain confidential information. Team player.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required and excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively deal with individuals both inside and outside the organization from diversified backgrounds.
- Entrepreneurial, open to adapting and changing with a growing organization, and bringing innovative ideas to further the organization’s mission.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter