Toniic is a global community of private wealth owners who are active impact investors. Our member consist of more than 500 High Net Wealth individuals, Family Office, and charitable foundation asset owners who are deepening their impact across the spectrum of capital and personal resources in more than 25 countries around the world. Toniic, through its field building initiatives, also seeks to expand and improve the ecosystem of impact investing. The Toniic team of ~20 works virtually, with team members across the US, the UK, Italy Germany, Sweden, and Singapore
About this Role
Toniic is recruiting for an Executive Vice President, Global Head of Membership based on the East Coast of the United States. The role has these broad categories of responsibilities:
1. Serving as second-in-command within the organization, supporting the CEO on key business decisions
2. Managing the success of the Membership Line of Business (P&L responsibility)
Toniic’s EVP, Global Head of Membership is the second-in-command within the organization, leading the Membership Services Line of Business (our largest LoB).
The primary goal of Membership Services is achieving Toniic’s desired impact by delivering services and programs that provide value to members and driving membership growth. The role is responsible for coordinating the team to meet membership targets laid out in the annual budget. Although Toniic is structured as a non-profit, it embodies a for-profit management style. In the language of for-profit enterprise, the Global Head of Membership is responsible for both membership service delivery (member experience) and ales management (acquiring new members).
The EVP is part of a global senior management team, sharing in the responsibility for achieving Toniic’s overall strategic objectives. They will be an observer on the Board of Directors and will lead the Membership Committee of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage overall membership recruitment and retention strategy to meet annual goals and targets, with P&L responsibility
- Oversee our robust schedule of global online and in-person events
- Lead a team of Member Engagement Managers, Member Support Associates, Investment Research Specialists and the Events & Education Manager in support of the organization’s membership activities
- Provide leadership and direction to the marketing plan and member/prospective member communications
- Ensure that staff are supported and guided, and that their professional development is nurtured
- Recruit new team members as needed and as budget permits
Success in the role requires a process orientation in managing a team directly responsible for membership experience and growth. The role may include some direct key account management.
The leader will live the values of the organization and inspire a culture of collaboration, inclusivity, innovation. Our management style is high-performance, yet more collaborative that the typical corporate style. The ability to inspire results, rather than command through hierarchical power, and an understanding of differing regional contexts is critical. Those coming from leadership positions in a large corporate environment and desiring a more mission-aligned career are well-positioned, provided they understand our distinct culture and that this role in a small non-profit requires more self-support with access to fewer resources. Toniic culture (both within the team and and the membership) also reflects a degree of openness and personal growth for which a candidate should be enthusiastic.
This position requires leadership in execution, business development, financial management, partnerships, team management, and community building within a global and committed group of impact investors.
The Toniic team and membership is global, and we support members with virtual events in all global time zones. the role requires flexibility to work before or after standard business hours, although, in return, offers flexibility during the standard workday. Situating the position in the East Coast time zone will minimize the need for early morning meetings, but occasional evening meetings will be required. This is a work-from-home position, as are all Toniic positions.
Skills /Experience /Qualifications
The successful candidate will have general management experience, together with business development experience, have managed a P&L (or similar), have a commercial and entrepreneurial attitude with strategic vision and good judgment, have an understanding of managing engagement, and will understand impact investing at least at a high level. A personal commitment to investing one’s own portfolio for impact would be a big asset in the role, given Toniic’s culture of transparency and “bring your whole self” ethos.
Candidate must have:
- A track record of successful leadership
- 5+ years experience as an Executive Director, business executive, or General manager
- Sufficient gravitas to lead a high-performance team and serve High Net Wealth members
- Strong operational business acumen
- Strong customer service, and relationship-building orientation
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability and results
- Ability to create and manage budgets
- General investment experience and either demonstrated passion for and/or deep understanding of the impact investment sector
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-culturally as demonstrated through international experience
- Comfort with working virtually, managing virtual teams, and agility with the use of cloud platform (e.g., Salesforce, Google Suite, Asana, Zoom – we are technologically savvy and self-supporting team)
- Ability to develop existing and new revenue opportunities leveraging Toniic’s value propositions with members, partners, and the impact sector
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally
- Experience managing multicultural teams
- Experience working with High Net Wealth individuals or family offices
- Experience negotiating grant-funding, partnerships, and similar relationships
- Experience leading a broad community or network
- Extensive international experience
Location: East Coast of the United States
Compensation: Non-profit competitive, commensurate with experience. Benefits include 4 weeks of office closure in addition to 3 weeks of vacation annually, subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan, and access to dental, life, accidental, life, accidental, and disability insurance.
Reports to: CEO
How To Apply
Send resume, cover letter, names and contact information for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2022, with a cover letter expressing why you are interested in the role, with the subject “Application for Toniic Executive Vice president.” We prize diversity and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.