Results for America (RFA) is the leading national nonprofit organization helping policymakers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to solve the world’s greatest challenges. Our mission is to make investing in what works the “new normal” so that one day, all government leaders use rigorous evidence and quality data to inform important policy and funding decisions. We believe that data-driven and evidence-based policy decisions could significantly increase the impact of the over $1 trillion that governments spend annually to advance economic mobility and racial equity.
RFA is building a new Impact & Learning Team to lead on data infrastructure management, data analysis, facilitating focused conversations about data and performance, and following through on rigorously measuring impact. RFA desires to effectively ‘roll up’ data it already collects via standards of excellence and create new metrics where needed to ‘draw the dots’ to key population-level outcomes both within and across programs.
One of the key hires on this new team is the Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director. The MEL Director will work with both program and operational staff to lead a range of activities including data analysis, program codification, addressing learning agenda questions, managing and updating our Theory of Change, supporting continuous improvement, evaluation planning, and cross-organizational learning.
The MEL Director will be the point person for keeping RFA laser-focused on delivering on its ultimate goal of “dollars shifted and lives changed” by convening senior leaders from across the organization in regular evidence-driven, action-oriented “stocktake” conversations about impact and progress.
The MEL Director should be able to conduct formal and informal data analyses with relative speed. Although this individual will not be tasked with the expressed responsibility of leading the adoption and integration of a new data system, e.g., Salesforce, RFA would ideally like to hire someone who has experience leveraging the full functionality and power of an integrated data collection system for organizational intelligence and impact management purposes.
The MEL Director will report to RFA’s Chief Impact Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES & TECHNICAL SKILLS
Education and Professional Background
- Master’s degree in social science, public administration, sociology, public policy, public health, or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in a performance measurement, data collection and data analysis (quantitative and qualitative), and/or evaluation role in a nonprofit, public agency, or similar.
- Strong commitment to the Results for America mission and vision, and a drive to always bring the conversation back to outcomes.
- Strong commitment to RFA’s diversity, equality, and inclusion commitments.
- Experience with planning, managing, and executing projects and the ability to work on multiple projects independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives.
- Experience in identifying and solving problems collaboratively with leaders across an organization, synthesizing insights from qualitative and quantitative evidence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate findings from data analyses and evaluations to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with senior leaders quickly.
- Experience working with data collected and managed in a CRM system, such as Salesforce.
- Clear knowledge of structuring data files for different purposes, including: analysis, visualization, creating codebooks, quality checks, etc.
- Experience with statistical data analysis (preferably R or Python for statistics), basic understanding of SQL (Structured Query Languages) and advanced spreadsheet skills, including statistical and analytic functions.
- Experience building effective data visualizations to explore hypotheses, monitor performance metrics, and present key analytic findings.
- Experience with business intelligence applications, such as Tableau or PowerBI.
SALARY & BENEFITS
At Results for America, all staff members currently receive a compensation package that includes:
- A salary aligned with RFA’s position level and salary bands and against similar nonprofit organizations. The approximate starting range for this position is $125,000 – $145,000 and is negotiable depending on experience.
- A suite of benefits that includes a choice of medical and/or vision and dental care, paid time off, a 403b retirement plan with employer match, and education and commuter benefits.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
How To Apply
More information about Results for America may be found at: results4america.org
We are partnering with Linh Nguyen, Emily Wexler, and Rachel Burgoyne of the national talent and search firm NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer that values/celebrates diversity and that follows a policy of making all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, partnership status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses or stalking, military status, veteran status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.