ABFE is excited to host our annual conference, Harambee 2022 as a hybrid event this year. We are still in a pandemic, and will take extra precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable meeting environment
All in-person conference participants, speakers, vendors and ABFE staff will be required to present proof of up-to-date vaccination for COVID-19 before attending conference events in person.
As we continue to plan for the conference in Washington DC, ABFE is monitoring COVID-19 guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Government of the District of Columbia, and other relevant public health authorities, and will implement the specific COVID-19 health and safety protocols required by applicable law and appropriate to the public health circumstances existing at the time of the conference. We are committed to keeping our community appropriately informed on the precautions we are setting for the conference as it relates to COVID-19 and will remain diligent in taking appropriate steps designed to promote the health and safety of our conference participants, speakers, vendors and ABFE staff.
ABFE will institute the following health and safety protocols to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and illness at our in-person conference:
- All conference participants, speakers, vendors and ABFE staff will be required to present proof of up-to-date vaccination for COVID-19 upon or prior to arrival at the conference venue. Accepted forms of vaccine documentation: A physical, digital or photographic copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card is an acceptable form of documentation.
- Room layouts for conference sessions will be modified to allow for physical distancing and limited seating per table.
- We will work with our host hotel, the Capital Hilton, to ensure all conference rooms are cleaned and sanitized before and after breakout and general sessions.
- Following CDC recommendations for large indoor gatherings, we will require all conference participants, speakers, vendors and ABFE staff to wear a mask during the conference at all times (unless they have received an approved accommodation) except for when eating or drinking.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their own masks. ABFE will provide masks for all conference attendees who need them.
You must follow all state and local requirements related to traveling during the pandemic.
By registering for the conference, all participants are agreeing to comply with ABFE’s COVID-19 related policies. Anyone who refuses to follow the COVID-19 related policies will be required to leave the conference without a refund and may be denied admission to future conferences.
When registering for the Event, attendees and participants must agree that they will knowingly and voluntarily:
Accept and agree to comply with ABFE’s COVID 19 Health and Safety Protocols and any applicable CDC, Washington DC COVID-19 mandates and guidance that are more stringent than ABFE’s protocols and in effect at the time of the Event.
Acknowledge and assume any risks and dangers associated with possible exposure to, or illness from COVID-19 and its variants while attending or participating in the Event.
To the fullest extent permissible by law or in equity, waive and discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against ABFE and its affiliated partners, vendors and sponsors, including without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents, including but not limited to illness, bodily injury, or other economic loss, which arise or may hereafter arise from my attendance or participation with the Event.
Please contact ABFE immediately if you experience any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during or within 14 days after of the Event.
While ABFE will strive to safeguard the health and safety of all those involved in the Event and will make every reasonable effort to mitigate possible exposure to COVID-19 and its variants during Event activities, ABFE cannot guarantee that attendees and participants in the event will not be exposed to, or become sick from exposure to, COVID-19 or its variants.
Exemptions: ABFE will waive its vaccination requirements, including recommended boosters, for religious or medical reasons. An individual requesting a waiver during the registration process will receive follow-up information and an online form to be completed by no later than April 15, 2022. Individuals granted an exemption must provide proof of negative antigen COVID-19 test results taken within 24 hours of check-in at the Event registration desk.