For more than 90 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make meaningful contributions for their community for present and future generations. As the Community Schools Coordinator, you will support the Foundation’s commitment to student success through an innovative community partnership.
The Foundation receives gifts from thousands of generous individuals and families, and last year, awarded grants of more than $26 million to a broad range of area nonprofit organizations. For more information about the Foundation, please visit www.hfpg.org or call 548-1888.
The Hartford Community Schools Coordinator will be employed by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and out-stationed within Hartford Public Schools (HPS), supervised by the Director of the Hartford Partnership for Student Success. The Hartford Community Schools Coordinator’s role is to ensure the implementation and ongoing operation of high-quality community schools in Hartford. Working closely with school based teams including the principal, site-based community school directors and other lead agency staff, the coordinator will monitor fidelity to the community schools model and outcomes as well as identify and secure necessary training and supports for site staff. This individual will focus on research-based best practices, and to that end will be responsible for fostering a culture of continuous learning within the Hartford Community Schools network.
1. Ensure fidelity to, and quality implementation of the community schools model in Hartford in partnership with principals, designated lead agencies, and site directors.
2. Conduct regular site visits to all community school sites to assess community school implementation of high quality, research-based after school programs
3. Track progress of community school sites against the four point outcomes framework (student, school, family and community outcomes) and theory of change developed for/by Hartford Community Schools.
4. Identify areas of need for additional coaching, training, capacity building and technical assistance support; secure and or deliver support as necessary.
5. Develop internal and identify external training opportunities to advance capacity within the system of Hartford Community Schools.
6. Develop quarterly reports for funders and leadership on the progress of Hartford Community Schools both individually and as a cohort.
7. Work with external evaluators to support data collection efforts for Hartford Community Schools.
8. Work with internal HPS evaluation staff and/or contractors to support evaluation efforts for Hartford Community Schools.
9. Plan, facilitate and coordinate logistics for Hartford Community Schools Network meetings.
10. Promote a network of learning and resource sharing amongst Hartford Community Schools.
11. Positively represent and advance the work of Community Schools and the Hartford Partnership for Student Success as a liaison and representative within the community.
12. Coordinate community school efforts with other Hartford Public Schools initiatives and departments when appropriate.
Successful experience working with public school systems, including the development of community schools, achieving excellent results for all constituents; Proven commitment to school success, student achievement, and positive child, youth, and family development; Knowledge of current trends in community schools, public education, youth development, and family systems; Familiarity with data and evaluation protocols to track program success and outcomes attainment.
Experience operating within a standards based approach to program design and delivery
Experience identifying needs, developing and delivering training to support staff and program improvement
Exceptional written and oral communication skills, proven organizational and interpersonal skills; Proven ability to work effectively to contribute to and lead diverse teams, as well as to take initiative and work independently when appropriate
Master’s degree is a plus; equivalent experience in social work, education or related field may substitute for advanced degree; Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position to:
Ms. Janis Peyton
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is an equal opportunity employer, requiring a diverse group of individuals to achieve our mission.
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving is the community foundation for the 29-town Greater Hartford region, dedicated to improving the quality of life for area residents.