Drawing upon many years of investment in educational initiatives, input from educational and community leaders across the region and state, and extensive data analyses, the Hartford Foundation has established the education of children and youth, ages 0-18, as one of its highest priority in its strategic plan. Building on and leveraging lessons learned through our After-school, Brighter Futures, and Community Schools initiatives to support student success throughout Greater Hartford, we are committed to data-driven decision making and true community engagement in our work.
The Foundation is seeking an accomplished leader with significant experience in K-12 education to support the continuing development of our work in K-12 education and education reform in the context of a broader 0-18 educational strategy encompassing early childhood strategies, use of dynamic data tools, policy action, and resource development, among other work.The individual filling this position also will participate in the Foundation’s many other areas of work promoting education reform. He or she will be expected to make innovative and strategic use of a broad array of tools available to foster change, including planning grants, project grants, and partnerships with organizations whose work directly corresponds with the Foundation’s funding priorities.
• Lead research and development of educational leadership initiatives, engaging superintendents of schools and multiple other prospective partners in planning and execution of mutually developed strategies.
• Work with Director on development and management of school/community/family partnerships to enhance educational outcomes throughout Greater Hartford’s eight Alliance Districts.
• Lead all emerging work in the area of school districts’ culturally responsive practice.
• Lead all current partner capacity building initiatives.
• Share in collective responsibility for reaching annual investment and strategic goals.
• Contribute to the education team’s development of criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of its portfolio and participate in the evaluation of the results.
• Represent the Foundation on internal and external committees, task forces, and partnerships to contribute to improving Greater Hartford students’ education outcomes and to effectively communicate the Foundation’s mission, education strategies and goals.
• Research new models and practices in education and regularly develop related briefs, analyses, strategy papers, grant recommendations and other written materials.
• Share in the collective responsibility of policy advocacy work.Requirements:
• Demonstrated commitment to education reform and a passion for student and schools’ success.
• Proven mastery of a significant body of knowledge related to K-12 education, along with a portfolio of measurable accomplishments.
• A minimum of 7+ years of experience designing, leading and evaluating strategies and programs to improve students and schools’ education outcomes.
• Successful senior-level experience developing and delivering leadership development.
• Track record of managing multiple priorities to produce high quality results as promised.
• Proven ability to contribute to the success of diverse teams as well as to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• Earned reputation for innovating, serving as a thought leader, strategic focus, building consensus and commitment, engaging constituents as co-creators, and delivering promised results.
• Strong presentation, listening and communication, writing and negotiation skills.
• Optimism, sustained high energy and initiative, curiosity, creativity, impeccable professional ethics, and a reputation for engaging and inspiring others.
• Master’s Degree in Education or related area required; advanced degree preferred. The Education Investments Officer will report to the Director of Education Investments.
To apply, please email your resume, along with a cover letter describing your interests and qualifications for this position, with your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hartford Foundation is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer where diversity is critical to achieving our mission.Please visit our website: www.hfpg.org