For over 90 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, helpful impact for their community both now and for future generations. As a Community Investments Officer here, you will ensure that the Foundation’s grantmaking resources produce positive, sustainable programs and services to make significant, improvements in the lives of people in Greater Hartford.
- Maintain broad and deep knowledge and understanding of community needs, concerns, issues, trends, “best practices,” innovations, and values including an expert level knowledge of the nonprofit sector, particularly in assigned areas of grantmaking.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate grant proposals and grantee reports from nonprofit organizations and provide funding recommendations to management
- Work collaboratively with Foundation staff and community partners to accomplish Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Assume responsibility for special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Significant management/ leadership experience with nonprofit organizations, including participating on highly effective teams with diverse members;
- Demonstrated ability to engage senior executives, board members, and peers in substantive discussions of their organizations’ missions, goals, financial resources, and capabilities;
- Proven ability to facilitate group discussions, making presentations, and conveying information.
- Excellent analytic and communication—speaking, writing, and listening for understanding– skills;
- Broad knowledge of current trends and best practices in nonprofit management and service delivery;
- Familiarity with the grantmaking process, preferably from both the grantee and the grantmaker perspectives, experience with community foundations is a real plus;
- Working knowledge of program and project evaluation practices and tools for nonprofit organizations;
- Knowledge of Greater Hartford region’s community needs, resources, and the non profit community here;
- Demonstrated commitment to community service and philanthropy
- Contagious genuine enthusiasm for our work, high energy, flexibility, focuses on results;
- Bachelor’s Degree with evidence of academic excellence and at least five years of experience.
- Master’s Degree is desirable.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter describing how your interests and background match our needs, your salary requirements and your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Hartford foundation for Public Giving’s Nonprofit Support Program, please visit our website: www.hfpg.org/nsp
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER RELYING ON A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION.