Carrington & Carrington has been retained to identify the Executive Director – Hospital Foundation for a Healthcare System. The System consists of two full-service campuses, outpatient facility, rehabilitation center and over 2,400 employees.The system is located in a major urban area in Indiana within 35 miles of Downtown Chicago.
The Executive Director for the Foundation leads all of the hospital’s fundraising programs and activities. The individual will provide leadership, strategy, supervision, planning, and direction in all areas of development. Top priorities include fundraising, campaigns and activities, business partnerships, and all other programs for private and public financial support of the hospital. The individual selected for the role will be responsible for operations and fundraising programs, overseeing and implementing the following priorities: Annual Giving Campaign; Fundraising campaigns and activities and Grant and Foundation Gifts. Other initiatives to be developed over time include: Capital Campaign; Planned Giving Program; Physician Campaign; Employee Campaign and other aspects of fundraising events and activities.
The Executive Director for the Foundation will work closely with the hospital CEO and Executive Team, and the Foundation Board of Directors in all fundraising endeavors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or closely related field required.
- Advanced degree a plus
- 8 plus years minimum experience in securing major gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Strong financial management and budgetary experience
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare/not for profit fundraising and project management
- Prior experience in a mission driven, not for profit organization highly preferred
- Ability to successfully manage independently in a complex environment where success is strongly aligned with solid interpersonal and business skills
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation desired
To express interest in the opportunity, submit a chronological resume and cover letter with Executive Director in the subject line to: Marian Carrington: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your email how you became aware of the opportunity.