Mobile Citizen, a Voqal project, actively advances social equity through access by providing low-cost wireless 4G internet exclusively to nonprofit organizations, educational entities and social welfare agencies. Championed by a national collaboration of EBS (Educational Broadband Service) licensees, Mobile Citizen’s internet service is available nationwide. We believe that making the internet available at an affordable price contributes to an engaged public and ultimately a more equitable democracy.
The Mobile Citizen General Manager is the right hand to the Mobile Citizen Chief Business Development Executive and together these two positions will develop Mobile Citizen business strategy. The General Manager will focus on ensuring that strategy is implemented, managed and measured by leading and having overall responsibility for the areas of people management and customer relationships. The General Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the business which requires effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing and decision-making to attain the desired goals of the organization. This position requires operations and project management skills and knowledge of business development, sales, marketing, contracting and vendor management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- At least 10 years of experience in some or all the following areas: telecommunications, sales and marketing development, warehousing, inventory, logistics and call center/customer care.
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management and ability to develop, implement and manage best practices.
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Strong problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing groups and major projects.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of both for-profit and nonprofit status organizations.
- Excel at operating in a fast pace, community-based environment.
- Demonstrated passion for public sector technology initiatives that benefit nonprofit and social welfare organizations and education institutions.
- Collaborate on strategic planning and execute those plans to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Structure and implement operational initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to solve complex operational challenges.
- Work with leaders across the company to set KPIs and develop systems for monitoring progress against them.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with existing clients to ensure service delivery.
- Oversee the formation of new business partnerships and negotiate contracts while maintaining existing partnerships, compliance and contracts.
- Develop systems and processes to build efficiency and consistency across business operations.
- Lead all local employees, includes; hiring, coaching, counseling, development, creating positive teamwork and ensuring a rewarding work environment.
- Manage the Mobile Citizen team and key outsourced services, including call center operations.
The salary for this position is $116K. Voqal also offers a very generous benefits package including: partially paid medical coverage for employees and dependents, partially paid dental and vision, paid LTD, STD, and AD&D. Paid vacation, sick, holidays, and personal time. Retirement program including profit sharing and 401K plans and match.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change.
We invite you to apply: Voqal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Voqal employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
How To Apply
Please email resumes to email@example.com, No phone calls, please.