Longwood Gardens is the living legacy of Pierre S. du Pont, inspiring people through excellence in garden design, horticulture, education, and the arts.
Longwood Gardens seeks an experienced and innovative Director of Donor and Member Engagement. Building upon the Gardens’ success over the last ten years, the Director will have the opportunity to help shape Longwood Gardens’ strategic vision for its successful Membership Program and future giving programs. The candidate will create, plan, and execute a higher-level Membership plan and annual giving plan to realize the goals and ambitions of the Gardens while embodying the organization’s core values and delivering extraordinary experiences to each of its Members and constituents.
The position of Director of Donor and Member Engagement demands leadership and the ability to guide, support, and steward high-level Members and prospects. The chosen candidate will have a successful track record in development, as well as demonstrated experience in building and managing a multi-faceted development program for a dynamic cultural institution. The Director will bring creativity and experience to the advancement of Longwood Gardens; s/he will have the demonstrated ability to motivate and lead staff, engage participation from all levels, and create strong working relationships with internal and external constituents.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and works closely with the President and CEO of Longwood Gardens.
With knowledge of Longwood’s vision and programmatic needs, the successful Director of Donor and Member Engagement will build relationships with key Longwood stakeholders, including volunteers, members, staff, and donors. This individual will develop and grow a higher-level Membership Program to align with the organization’s strategic direction and goals. S/he will manage a three-person Membership team to cultivate, solicit, and steward Members at all levels as well as create a higher-level giving program with an understanding of how to develop a portfolio of individual and corporate prospects.
Director of Donor and Member Engagement Responsibilities
· Strategically lead the Membership division’s future direction, creation of KPIs, and budgets.
· Steward prospective and current Members with meaningful interactions and communications.
· Develop and execute a higher-level Membership program and explore corporate Memberships within Longwood.
· Oversee the development of messaging, collateral, and materials to support the new higher levels of Membership.
· Work closely with the associate director of Membership to ensure all levels of Membership are achieving organizational goals.
· Responsible for the cultivation and retention of our existing Membership program which includes 70,000 households and is an earned revenue driver.
· Work with the Marketing Data Analyst and the Director of Marketing to ensure successful implementation of a new CRM and other systems to ensure success.
The Director of Donor and Member Engagement’s previous experience should include:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Significant experience leading and managing giving efforts with a proven record that exceeds $1 million annually
· Professional fundraising certification (CFRE) preferred
· Experience with Blackbaud NXT preferred
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Attention to detail is critical
How To Apply
Please apply for this unique opportunity online at https://longwoodgardens.org/employment/full-time-job-opportunities . For full consideration please include a letter addressing pertinent qualifications and interests, resume, and contact information for three professional employment references. We offer competitive starting salaries, an outstanding benefits package, and our commitment to your professional development. Longwood Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity, equality, and inclusion strengthen our institution.
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2020