Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) prepares men and women of color to secure career path post-college jobs that deliver economic mobility for their families, and then provides the social capital they need to become high-impact senior leaders who can transform our institutions and vulnerable communities. Spanning college through mid-career, MLT’s programs have driven breakthrough results for more than 8,000 people of color and 130+ partner organizations including leading corporations, social-sector organizations and universities.
MLT is at a pivotal point in its growth trajectory. Over 15 years, MLT has benefitted from the support of its corporate partners, loyal alumni, a dedicated board and an impressive network of individual and institutional donors. With clarity in the philanthropic community that K-16 education is not reliably delivering economic mobility for people of color, third party validation that MLT’s interventions are solving that problem, and recognition that historic investments in attacking systemic inequities have fallen short, MLT is seeking to build its philanthropic engine to scale its impact and ensure that talented young people are able to go as far as their abilities and hard work can take them.
We are seeking a talented individual to add significant leverage to the capital raising efforts of our senior leadership team. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Development, the Director of Individual Giving and Engagement will be responsible for increasing the revenue from individual donors at all levels (6 + 7 figure investments from high net worth individuals, and mid-range and lower dollar donors). She/he will be responsible for leveraging MLT’s network to create a donor pipeline and develop solicitation and cultivation strategies to engage donors more fully in MLT.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive individual giving and engagement program that cultivates, solicits and stewards donors, especially leadership level donors.
- Manage the expansion of MLT’s high net worth donor program, implementing systems and processes to build an effective pipeline of prospective donors.
- Provide strategy and support to MLT leadership and board as they identify, prioritize, cultivate and engage high net worth individual donors.
- Develop and implement a multifaceted stewardship program (including a robust calendar of high-level board and other VIP-hosted cultivation events and regular “personalized” communication) aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Work closely with marketing and communications to maximize fundraising opportunities through messaging and collateral materials.
- Work closely with the Alumni engagement team to engage alumni more fully in philanthropy as donors and brand ambassadors.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit management and fundraising.
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding high net worth individuals, moving them through the pipeline from prospects to engaged donors.
- Ability to develop and implement effective prospect donor strategy and compelling, persuasive audience centered communications.
- Superior leadership and creative problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial and strategic approach to resource development, communications, administration and operations.
- Experience effectively engaging and supporting a CEO, board of directors and other executives.
- Passion for MLT’s mission and, ideally, experience with and insight into the communities of those we serve and the problems we are addressing.
- Comfort working on a relatively small team, toggling between strategic thinking and digging into details.
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the position posted on our website, in order to facilitate communication and scheduling.