The American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California (ACLU SoCal) seeks a Development Operations Assistant.
Founded in 1923, the ACLU SoCal has been at the forefront of many major efforts to protect civil liberties, civil rights, and equal justice in California. Principled and nonpartisan, ACLU SoCal has offices in Los Angeles, Orange County (Orange), the Inland Empire (San Bernardino), and Kern County (Bakersfield). ACLU SoCal tackles a vast array of issues, including criminal justice, police practices, First Amendment rights, gender equity and reproductive justice, LGBTQ rights, immigrants’ rights, education equity, and economic justice.
The Development Operations Assistant supports the Development Department by handling gift processing and acknowledging, daily database and administrative duties, and provides key internal support of Development operations and donor/member services.
The position will report to the Database Manager.
Gift Processing and Acknowledgment
· Produce daily income report of monies the organization receives and distribute to Finance and Development Departments; make applicable check scans and save as appropriate; prep gifts for batching and deposit;
· Process gifts and serve as back-up to the Database Manager;
· Produce acknowledgment letters on a timely basis; Review donor acknowledgments for accuracy and action items that require follow-up;
· Perform various departmental financial duties including processing of credit cards;
· Maintain department’s electronic filing systems including uploading of pertinent acknowledgments, correspondence, and back-up documentation;
· Prepares the routine distribution of membership income to National office;
Database Administration and Operations
· Perform basic list pulls, basic reporting, and account creation and combining in database;
· Ensure that donor/member contact information is consistently updated, accurate, and easily retrievable;
· Manage mass upload process of donor interactions into database;
· Assist with donor data entry and prospect research as needed;
Donor and Member Relations
· Respond to and resolve donor and member services-related issues in a professional and courteous manner, including answering questions about how to give and on a range of general issues;
· Assist with the fielding of calls from donors, members, and prospects;
· Other stewardship and donor/member relations activities as assigned and required to advance the ACLU mission;
· Provide support for mailings as needed;
· Participate in the Development Team as a cooperative, positive team player;
· Help maintain a positive, respectful, welcoming, and professional environment for employees and volunteers;
· Develop a solid understanding of ACLU’s structure, programs, office protocols, and equipment;
· Attend certain ACLU functions and assist in other ways as assigned;
· Other duties as assigned.
RACIAL EQUITY COMPETENCIES:
Understanding and Applying Racial Equity
· Demonstrate commitment to building or deepening understand of racial equity:
o Core terms and concepts such as structural racism, white privilege, and anti-Blackness;
o The role that racial inequity has played and continues to play in our society;
o How race impacts supervisory relationships, team dynamics, and organizational culture;
o Personal/implicit/unconscious bias;
Working for Racial Equity
· Consistently assess structural implications and racially disproportionate impacts of policies, activities, and decisions within the context of their job responsibilities; race/ethnicity, intersection of race/ethnicity, gender, identity, and/or sexual orientation;
· Consistently adhere to organization’s racial equity policies and procedures, including those that relate to hiring, retention, and promotion;
· Consistently identify and disrupt ways in which bias plays out in work and/or team;
· At least one year of work or equivalent experience in non-profit database administration (such as Salesforce);
· Ability to handle challenging and sensitive donor and member relations situations professionally and with discretion;
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and comfortable working with people with different backgrounds and experiences;
· Strong organizational and time management skills, judgment, dependability, and punctuality;
· Solution-oriented approach, including the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
· Demonstrated willingness to take initiative while juggling several priorities all with readiness, optimism, and calm under pressure;
· Must be available for some weekend and evening responsibilities;
· Must be available for occasional limited local travel (within L.A. County);
· Passionate about civil liberties and civil rights;
· A professional approach and a commitment to a workplace that values and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances;
· Curiosity about people, a sense of humor, friendly, outgoing, and a strong team-oriented style.
The salary range for this position is $25.60- $29.18. Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance for staff members and their eligible dependents; life and long-term, short-term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; ample vacation and sick leave and fifteen paid holidays.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter for “Development Operations Assistant” through our online Applicant Tracking Portal: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/ACLUSC.careers?ShowJob=402846422
Open until filled.
ACLU of Southern California (ACLU SoCal) is committed to developing a culture of diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion and to strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. ACLU SoCal is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply and value people of all races, genders (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientations, disabilities, citizenships, ages, religions, and national origins and who have different marital statuses, family caregiving responsibilities, lived experiences with the criminal justice systems, and genetic information. ACLU SoCal does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these characteristics.
ACLU SoCal is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.