The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a nonprofit grantmaking foundation that administers almost 1,600 individual charitable funds to meet existing and emerging needs in the Greater Los Angeles area. CCF is one of the largest and fastest growing community foundations in the United States. With assets of more than $1.4 billion currently, CCF has awarded more than $1.7 billion in grants and received more than $1.9 billion in contributions over the past ten years. Since 1915, CCF has been helping individuals, families, corporations and nonprofits establish and develop their philanthropic visions.
We envision a future where all Angelenos thrive – a future where the productive capabilities of Angelenos contribute to the health and well-being of our communities. The fate and future of every resident is interwoven, and our success as a community will be defined by how we improve the quality of life of all residents, especially our most vulnerable. We also envision a future in which more donors impact the challenges of Los Angeles and beyond, fulfilling their passions and creating a diverse spectrum of opportunities and philanthropic legacies.
For 100 years, the passion of our living and legacy donors has defined and built the California Community Foundation. Their generosity and dreams for a better tomorrow make our drive for meaningful social change possible. We partner with individuals and families to not only pursue their own personal passions but to collaborate with us, along with the public, private and nonprofit sectors, in transforming Los Angeles County.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Application Systems Administrator will provide support for all users of California Community Foundation’s (CCF) core networking equipment, services and business applications to ensure data integrity, productivity and efficiency. This position works with users and other stakeholders to understand ongoing business processes and organizational requirements. Also works with other IT staff to identify and evaluate products, technologies and services available in the marketplace that will best serve CCF’s needs.
• Enterprise Applications: Serve as application administrator for core business applications, including CRM, financial accounting, reporting applications, websites and custom web and windows applications.
o Manage user access, roles and permissions, application versions and updates. Troubleshoot errors, performance and other user issues.
o Create and modify custom database reports in SQL Reporting Services and Crystal Reports.
o Design custom SQL queries and Microsoft Business Intelligence Integration Services Packages.
o Administer the Microsoft SQL database, including backups, performance monitoring and query optimization.
o Design, modify and maintain custom web and windows forms applications using Microsoft development tools (ASP.NET, C#, VB) to automate business processes throughout the organization.
o Coordinate in the maintenance and development of the CCF WordPress and .NET websites with vendors and consultants
o Assist with department strategic planning as needed.
• Training: Provides staff and external partners with training and user support by understanding the specific systems and processes, developing a curriculum and holding training classes or individual sessions.
• Customer Service: Provide desktop and application support to the end user.
• General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Experience: Minimum of three years IT experience required. Experience with system development lifecycle, application design and architecture, application testing and code management is desirable. Understanding of networking terminology and ability to support and troubleshoot applications that run on a network, in the cloud or as a software as a service model is desirable. Familiarity with virtual desktop integration a plus.
• Technology Skills: Minimum of three years experience with application systems for the Enterprise, including Financial Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management System, Content Management System, Grant Management System, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and Integration Services, SQl Queries, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Development and troubleshooting tools is preferred.
o Minimum of three years experience with Windows Operating Systems for Server and Desktops, Database Management Systems, Networking Systems, and Security preferred.
o Prior experience with Blackbaud suite of applications, including Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Net Community, Fusion Lab’s GrantedGE, and WordPress desirable.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology or on the job training with over 3 years of experience in a similar capacity required.
• Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Experience training users in classroom setting and individually. Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Project Management Skills: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong analytical skills. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands. Solid meeting management skills.
• Team Work & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team toward CCF’s goals, leveraging each team member’s skill set.
• Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes and equipment of up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• This position is required to be available via telephone at all times for work-related emergencies by other Foundation staff, building staff or emergency personnel within the Pacific time zone.
• Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, FSAs and retirement benefits.
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.