When Liberty Hill began in 1976, it was a daring new foundation that turned philanthropy on its head. Today it is a national leader in social justice. Organizing and advocacy powered by Liberty Hill has changed national policies, launched social change movements, transformed neighborhoods, and nurtured hundreds of community leaders who respond to the experience of injustice by fighting for their rights.
Reporting to the CEO, the Deputy Executive Director will be responsible for structuring and leading the Executive team to deliver outstanding work. Areas of work include leading strategic plan implementation, project management and human capital needs including mentoring and career progression throughout the organization. The Deputy Executive Director will partner closely with the CEO to chart LHF’s future growth and will often work on special projects for the CEO as needed. This individual will play a critically important role. It is a highly strategic role and a facilitative one that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active but behind the scenes role. The Deputy Executive Director will work standard business hours, Monday-Friday and weekends and evenings as necessary. They will be based out of the Liberty Hill offices in Los Angeles.
Successful Candidate will have:
- Minimum of BA level degree in a related field or related experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant senior level experience within a non-profit organization.
- Track record of delivering superior results, commanding respect and assuming leadership roles.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities.
- Superior organizational skills to track and monitor deadlines, reports, communications, etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing and motivating staff and an ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals.
- Excellent written skills.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Passionate about LHF mission and impact.
- Experience working in the field of social justice, government, politics or philanthropy.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings.
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
For more information and a full job description, please visit our website at www.libertyhill.org. Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Liberty Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Liberty Hill promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.