Mercy For Animals is dedicated to preventing cruelty to farmed animals and promoting compassionate food choices and policies.
Mercy For Animals is the largest and most effective international charity focused exclusively on preventing cruelty to farmed animals.
As part of an international team of innovators changing the world, you will do the most meaningful work of your life at MFA.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director of Major Gifts
Position Location: Los Angeles or Southern California
To advance the impact of Mercy For Animals by cultivating and stewarding a sustainable portfolio of high-value major-donor partners; meet or exceed revenue targets through solicitation of major gifts; and manage a portfolio of major-gift donors located in a defined territory primarily encompassing Southern California, with additional territory responsibilities across the southern United States
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage a portfolio of 120-150 major gift donors
- Execute annual strategies based on varied priorities within the assigned portfolio of donors
- Meet or exceed monthly metrics for visits, solicitations, proposals, and gifts
- Work with team supervisor to routinely review donor portfolio and qualify or cultivate new prospects
- Coordinate inclusion of executive and programmatic leaders in the cultivation and solicitation process whenever appropriate
- Implement core components of donor cultivation and fundraising events and collaborate with events team and other departments as necessary
- Assist with securing corporate sponsors and leadership gifts in advance of annual gala
- Maintain meticulous records of all donor contacts and related action items
- Frequently travel within defined territory, including trips up to two weeks in duration
- Accurately track individual receipts and business expenses required for accounting purposes
- Serve as member of the development project team to assist with fundraising appeal planning and execution, donor relations, database conversion, and other joint projects within the department
- Collaborate with other major gift team members effectively and with a focus on shared goals and priorities
- Adhere to all human resource and administrative policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ previous development experience, including working in a major gifts officer capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Adeptness at building strong rapport with donors, volunteers, and colleagues
- Collaborative, team-playing spirit
- Transparent and reliable work style (experience with a remote organizational structure a plus)
- Experience writing fundraising proposals
- Strong time management skills, organizational ability, and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for frequent travel (25 percent of work time), including some evening and weekend work
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
Mercy For Animals offers competitive salaries, benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and a pleasant vegan work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mercy For Animals provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. MFA complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How To Apply
Please submit an application, cover letter, and resume via the following job link: