The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis has been working to strengthen our community through philanthropy since 1969. The Community Foundation is a place where generous people from diverse backgrounds come together to make our community a better place. Collectively, they have created the largest grantmaker – public or private – in the Memphis area. We fulfill our mission by:
• Developing and managing charitable funds and endowments, offering the highest level of service and expertise to individuals, families, and institutional donors and their successors;
• Actively addressing the needs of the community by examining community issues, securing and distributing resources, advocating for positive change, and convening meetings and conversation which encourage donors and the community to respond; and
• Encouraging philanthropy and the growth of charitable resources among individuals, families, businesses, and community institutions.
The Community Foundation has many audiences – donors, professional advisors, nonprofits, students seeking scholarships, and the public in general.
The LIVEGIVEmidsouth Program Associate is a member of the Community Information team at the Community Foundation. This position manages the day-to-day activities of LIVEGIVEmidsouth.org, an online resource that allows nonprofit organizations to tell their stories, fundraise, and increase their visibility. The LIVEGIVEmidsouth Program Associate assists nonprofits in creating, updating, and maintaining their LIVEGIVEmidsouth.org profiles, building a stronger relationship between the Community Foundation and its nonprofit partners. The LIVEGIVEmidsouth Program Associate is responsible for:
- Providing training to nonprofits and other community partners, in both individual and group settings, on how to use LIVEGIVEmidsouth.org;
- Ensuring nonprofit profiles are updated in a systematic and timely manner;
- Responding to questions and/or request for information regarding LIVEGIVEmidsouth.org in person, via the phone, and through email;
- Ensuring all supporting documentation/information needed for assigned nonprofit profiles is on file at the Community Foundation;
- Creating and maintaining professional relationships with new and existing nonprofit partners;
- Assisting the Director of Community Information in outreach and engagement activities in the nonprofit community;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, some related experience in nonprofit and/or database management preferred, but not required;
- Willingness to build rapport with people especially through email, over the phone, group settings, and in one-on-one trainings;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to nonprofit partners, Community Foundation staff and donors, and external site users;
- Proficient computer skills – in particular, knowledge of Microsoft Office – and a willingness to learn new software programs;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently and effectively.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- The initiative and responsibility necessary to manage a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Organizational skills, self-motivation, and flexibility in changing circumstances;
- Integrity, judgment, and discretion in working with confidential information;
- Ability to take a proactive role in team efforts, promote cooperation and collaboration between team members, and encourage open communication across teams;
- Demonstrated interest in philanthropy and in serving community needs.
This position requires the candidate to work between 6-10 evenings a year at various Community Foundation events.
$45,000 plus full benefits including paid time off and parental leave.
Reports to: Director of Community Information
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, pregnancy, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
How To Apply
Resume and cover letter should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries by email only.