Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Our Avery Dennison Foundation and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team is seeking a creative self-starter to support global philanthropy initiatives! We are looking for someone that has a minimum of five years experience in the nonprofit sector and a passion for interactive community events and providing supporting the team’s technology needs to advance philanthropic goods. Your responsibilities include program execution, supporting community employee engagement strategy, and leveraging existing technology to aid international grantmaking. You will also support a variety of employee engagement initiatives and day-to-day operations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the grantmaking process, including reviewing requests and vetting organizations.
- Assist with management of Blackbaud GIFTS philanthropic/CSR database to effectively enter data and run reports.
- Handle corporate sponsorships and files.
- Analyze data from programs, databases, communications metrics to produce data that can advise decision making.
- Assist with drafting CSR documents and presentations for leadership and Foundation Trustees.
- Manage ongoing content on corporate intranet and photo archives to share highlights from events and spark dialogue.
- Assist with logistics for volunteer events and employee giving campaigns.
- Support with administrative duties that may include travel, expenses, scheduling, etc.
- Research for Special Projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Health or other related fields that compliment the key job responsibilities is desired.
- 5+ years of working experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Philanthropic experience a plus.
- Experience planning programs or events, including volunteer coordination.
- Proficiency in the use of technology including Google products, Blackbaud GIFTS a plus.
- Experience with data systems and data management.
- Ability to operate effectively as a self-starter, yet also participate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Google Suite.
- Must be organized and place importance on project ownership, attention to detail, and have the ability to handle a quick-paced environment.
- Ability to navigate multiple requests and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret / analyze data and present that data via presentations, infographics, etc.
- Energy and passion for exploring new ways to connect with employees.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Conducting analysis of Foundation grantmaking and develop materials to present data related to Foundation goals and strategies to the staff and Board;
- Assist in continuous data integrity and clean-up projects, both scheduled and ad-hoc.
How To Apply