Vivent Health is a new organization founded on the combined expertise of AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, Rocky Mountain CARES, St. Louis Effort for AIDS and AIDS Services of Austin. Together, we are working towards a world without AIDS. And we’re committed to being a respectful, caring partner serving everyone affected by HIV through our comprehensive, integrated prevention, care and treatment programs.
The Senior Director of Public Grant Resources will build and lead a national public sector grant program and structure for Vivent Health and be responsible for growing our $25 million in annual public sector grant revenue – the second largest income source for the organization. This leader will develop appropriate policies, procedures, metrics, and a team structure to ensure successful grant applications across our growing national footprint. This position will contribute directly to the development and submission of grant applications (up to 50% of time) and lead cross-functional teams of new and experienced grant writers, programmatic leaders, finance staff and the quality assurance team to ensure success in earning public grant funding. These activities include developing, leading and participating in a team of direct reports who are responsible for the identification, tracking, development, submission, and reporting of government grant applications to support Vivent Health HIV prevention, health care, and social service programs. This position plays a critical role in ensuring access to care and treatment for tens of thousands of people affected by HIV across the United States.
- Create, maintain and update a successful cross functional and customer service based approach to the development of a public grant application and reporting program.
- Lead and provide supervision to a team of direct reports on the grants team in the submission of high quality, competitive and successful public sector grants at the federal, state and local levels of government.
- Directly contribute to the development of successful, high quality, grant applications.
- Ensure the development, assessment and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) outlining the major processes, success indicators and responsibilities for successful and efficient government grant application and reporting across the enterprise.
- Support the development of in-depth knowledge – for both self and team – of Vivent Health operations, programs and services.
- Maintain an accessible and transparent calendar and database available to Vivent Health leaders for tracking all public grant applications and reporting deadlines.
- Oversee and ensure quality and completeness of grant applications, renewals, and supporting information.
- Identify, assess, and ensure submission of new and continuing grant funding opportunities that support the achievement of the Vivent Health mission and vision.
- Maintain relationships with public funders including project officers, programmatic and financial grant managers and other administrative agency contacts.
- Support grant compliance oversight in partnership with programmatic, finance and leadership colleagues.
Required Experience and Skills
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ten (10) years of successful professional work experience in:
- direct public grant writing
- Development and implementation of effective policies, practices and staffing structure to support a national or multi-state grant program
- supervision of teams
- grant reporting
- project management
Additional Preferred Experience
- Demonstrated experience of strong leadership of both direct reports and colleagues in other departments in a successful public grant application and reporting program.
- Strong and persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding record of identifying, cultivating and maintaining high-level relationships within an organization and with external stakeholders.
- Experience in project management in the public grant arena with a strong emphasis on organization, management of key tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse staff to coordinate and execute applications, reports, and contracts.
- Experience and competence in computer applications, including Microsoft Office applications, project management software, and databases.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national grant application, reporting and management processes.
- Demonstrated experience with government grant submission and reporting portals.
- Exceptional grant and public health research skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding and awareness of issues related to HIV prevention, care and treatment, and associated social determinants of health.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving health equity and social, racial, ethnic, gender and LGBTQIA justice.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org