Background: Founded in 1953 and independently endowed by William and Maude McKnight, the Minnesota based family foundation has assets of approximately $2 billion and granted about $88 million in 2014. McKnight concentrates resources in the arts; early literacy; the environment; the region and communities; neuroscience and crop research; and select efforts in Southeast Asia and East Africa. McKnight subscribes to the Minnesota Council on Foundations’ “Principles for Minnesota Grantmakers.”
Position Purpose: This newly created IT programmer analyst position reports directly to the IT director. This position is responsible for developing and supporting information technology services and solutions used by The McKnight Foundation. The person chosen for this role is also responsible for providing support for end user applications, mobile devices and workstations.
Key to this position is experience working with SharePoint 2013, knowledge of virtual server environments, and knowledge of systems administration for Windows. Also key to this work is strong analytical skills, the ability to communicate effectively both interpersonally and collaboratively in groups, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- SharePoint 2013 development, including content and site security.
- Understand and document requirements for software development initiatives, new features, and enhancements.
- Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debugging, testing, and deployment of software solutions.
- Coordinate and perform development for multiple projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide support and troubleshooting.
- Engage users to understand issues, dependencies, and requirements related to current IT systems, services and solutions.
- Management of SharePoint system and support of production sites.
- Maintain knowledge of IT related topics, applicable technology, and organizational skills to stay current and relevant.
- Install, configure, and maintain all end user and server computing platforms.
- Assist in network administration, installation, and testing.
- Perform routine diagnostics and maintenance with multiple operating systems.
- Assist with testing of new releases of software, vendor modifications, upgrades and patches.
- Knowledge of industry accepted best practices for operation, configuration, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, upgrades, and backups.
Provide direct end-user support
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user technology issues.
- Serve as a resource for Foundation technology issues during limited evening/weekend hours.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system and service outages that impact end users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide analysis, experience, and judgement across a wide variety of IT related situations and scenarios.
- Ability to design, develop, and test SharePoint content and sites with input and requirements from the user community in conceptualizing SharePoint solutions that support the needs of The McKnight Foundation.
- Ability to construct and present metadata.Knowledge of storage technologies.
- Knowledge of virtual server environments, specifically VMWare.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across organizational functions.
- Ability to analyze, question, and identify key issues and use data to support conclusions.
- Ability to prepare clearly written summaries and analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively interpersonally and in group presentations.
- Ability to handle heavy workload and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of systems administration for Windows servers, Exchange, and Windows desktop platforms.
- Microsoft platform knowledge, including, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Windows desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of Network LAN and WAN, working with routers, firewalls, switches, and remote access products.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, WIFI, DHCP, DNS, and WINS.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associates or Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-2 years related professional work experience, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
If you are interested in this opportunity please go the Job Openings http://www.mcknight.org/about-us/job-openings portal on The McKnight Foundation website and submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume.Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Applications accepted through December 22, 2015