Background: Founded in 1953 and independently endowed by William and Maude McKnight, the Minnesota based family foundation has assets of approximately $2 billion and granted about $88 million in 2014. McKnight concentrates resources in the arts; early literacy; the environment; the region and communities; neuroscience and crop research; and select efforts in Southeast Asia and East Africa. McKnight subscribes to the Minnesota Council on Foundations’ “Principles for Minnesota Grantmakers.”
Position Purpose: This position reports directly to the Controller to support the work of the Foundation’s Finance Team by initiating all Foundation wire transfers, mailing outgoing checks, assisting with annual audits and tax returns, coding and depositing checks received and providing backup to the investment assistant as needed. Responsibilities also include:
- Providing administrative support to the Controller and accounting staff members.
- Provide individual contributions in assigned accounting, finance and treasury functions.
- Match all grant checks/electronic payments with letters and agreements, collate, and mail.
- Match all grant payment backup with grant report and fileVerify that wiring instructions are accurate and that they contain the proper approvals.
- Prepare and properly record electronic wire transfers online for all administrative, grant, and checking account wire transfers.
- Maintain general finance and accounting files.
- Correspond with grantees and administrative wire recipients regarding wire transfers.Revise procedures as needed and update Intranet.
- Maintain records for the Foundation’s corporate credit cards and initiate applications for new and replacement cards, lost or stolen cards, and credit increases.
- Track checks received, deposit them into appropriate Foundation checking accounts, record deposits into Dynamics, and communicate receipts with relevant parties.
- Upload and post transactions from Concur Travel and Expense Management System to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Provide administrative support to Controller and accounting staff and serve as backup to Investment Assistant.
- Provide scheduling, correspondence, and file maintenance support.
- Assist with organization of meetings by making room reservations; assisting with travel arrangements; and arranging details such as food, beverages, room setup, and technology.
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes for team meetings.Assist with management of archiving documents.
- Coordinate all mail and correspondence with the Audit/Finance Committee Meetings
Minimum Education and Experience: The qualified candidate will have an Associate’s degree and a minimum of two years related full time professional work experience in an administrative position within an accounting department of a foundation or nonprofit. Knowledge of accounting/finance indicating an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles. Knowledge, skills and ability to anticipate needs and act accordingly. Ability to prepare clearly written summaries and analysis. Ability to maintain confidential information. Ability to communicate effectively interpersonally and in group presentations.Ability to handle heavy workload and meet deadlines. Ability to work with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Access and Outlook. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel including proficiency using advanced formulas, tables and formatting, and charting.Ability to learn and work with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Ability to manage highly detailed work with speed and accuracy. Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a variety of people and groups and to represent the Foundation effectively.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: Work is normally performed in an office work environment but may occasionally include lifting and bending. Regular operation of normal office machines (computer, copier, and fax) is required.Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Apply via The McKnight Foundation website https://www.mcknight.org/about-us/job-openingsApplications accepted through April 19, 2015.