Founded in 1953 and independently endowed by William and Maude McKnight, the Minnesota based family foundation has assets of approximately $2 billion and granted about $86 million in 2013. McKnight concentrates resources in the arts; early literacy; the environment; the region and communities; neuroscience and crop research; and select efforts in Southeast Asia and East Africa. McKnight subscribes to the Minnesota Council on Foundations’ “Principles for Minnesota Grantmakers.”
This Meeting, Event, and Administrative Assistant provides coordination and support for meetings and events at the Foundation, and provides administrative support to the VP of Administration.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with the planning and support of guest meetings and events at the Foundation.
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Administration.
- Provide administrative support to the broader Foundation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a variety of people and groups.
- Skills in problem solving and analysis.
- Ability to handle heavy workload, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage highly detailed work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which includes up to four evening meetings or events per month.
- Proficiency with meeting room technology, including projectors, microphones, teleconferencing and videoconferencing equipment, and Crestron or other audiovisual control systems.
- Knowledge of catering and other vendors to make selections aligned with the Foundation’s mission and values is preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
In addition to the above knowledge, skills and abilities requirements, the qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years related full time professional work experience in a foundation, nonprofit, or meetings and events industry or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
Apply via The McKnight Foundation website
Applications accepted through February 10, 2015