The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation supports leadership, innovation, and collaboration for a better New Jersey. For more than 40 years, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation has nurtured leaders, ideas and institutions that foster sustainable, creative and engaged communities. We fund Arts, Education, Environment, Informed Communities and Poetry initiatives that are innovative and promote collaboration and community-driven decision making. For more information, please visit grdodge.org.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation seeks a positive, detail-oriented, and collaborative candidate to join its team. Specifically, the Foundation is recruiting for a full-time Grants Manager who will support the Program Directors and Chief Financial Officer, and manage all administrative and financial facets of the grantmaking process.
· Support all phases of the grants process, including processing proposals, assisting due-diligence review, preparing reports for internal review, managing grant-related correspondence, and facilitating bank transfers and tracking of grant payments;
· Manage and maintain digital and paper records and a grants database to ensure integrity of the due-diligence process;
· Review and respond to inquiries regarding programs and grant opportunities from a wide range of nonprofit organizations and stakeholders;
· Monitor program-area budgets and assist with financial management and accounting functions, including weekly accounts-payable checks and fund transfers;
· Evaluate and make recommendations for database coding, work flow, and reporting systems;
· Assist with other projects as needed
· A college degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience;
· Experience with database and data management—preference given to candidates proficient in accounting and grant-tracking software, specifically Microedge Gifts Alta and Great Plains Dynamics;
· Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to gather, synthesize and summarize information and data;
· Knowledge of and experience working with the non-profit sector;
· Administrative, financial, and customer service and or/program support experience
The ideal candidate is someone who is:
· Able to work collaboratively with a team of colleagues and manage multiple projects and initiatives;
· Self-directed and flexible with the ability to think ahead and anticipate program needs and manage priorities;
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational, financial and analytical skills;
· Curious about the Foundation’s major areas of interest – Arts, Education, Environment, Informed Communities, and Poetry;
· Able to appreciate and contribute to a work environment that values integrity, adaptability, reliability, a commitment to learning, patience and a sense of humor.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation is committed to building a diverse team. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. The Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Send an e-mail by May 27, 2016 to Christopher J. Daggett, President and CEO, at email@example.com and attach your resumé and a cover letter outlining your interest.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation (with assets of $270 million) supports leadership, innovation and collaboration for a better New Jersey, making grants of approximately $12 million annually in the areas of Arts, Education, Environment, Informed Communities and Poetry.