The University of Saint Mary of the Lake / Mundelein Seminary prepares priests to serve in parishes and help society on their journey with the Lord. As the major seminary and graduate school of theology for the Archdiocese of Chicago, over 200 seminarians study in Mundelein, Illinois. While many become priests and serve in the Archdiocese of Chicago, others bring their training back to one of 34 dioceses in the United States and abroad. Mundelein Seminary is the largest priesthood preparation program in the United States, and has graduated over 4000 students since 1926.
KEES has been exclusively retained by University of Saint Mary of the Lake / Mundelein Seminary in its search for a new Vice President of Development.
University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary seeks a highly motivated and accomplished senior development and marketing professional to lead the institution as its next Vice President of Development. The ideal candidate will have a proven, measurable history of success securing major gifts from individuals and foundations, executing strong annual and planned giving programs, implementing effective marketing strategies and successfully executing a major campaign initiative. They will be flexible and adaptable with the ability to motivate, lead and mentor both staff and colleagues. With a deep appreciation for the Catholic faith and community, the ideal individual will bring a passion for and ability to articulate the mission of the University.
University of Saint of the Lake / Mundelein Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in major gift-level fundraising and leadership.
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, donors, clergy, board members and other stakeholders.
- Track record closing five, six and seven-figure gifts.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans, and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- Proven success in building strong and productive work teams with a focus on mentoring and nurturing staff development.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and/or CFRE certification preferred.
- Experience in a Catholic fundraising organization is highly preferred.
How To Apply
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: http://bit.ly/USML-MS
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President/CEO, and Sue Bultman, Senior Consultant, of KEES. Questions may be addressed to Sue Bultman at email@example.com.
KEES is a retained executive search and nonprofit consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.