ABOUT WELLSPRING PHILANTHROPIC FUND
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
· Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends.
· The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
· Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
· As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
As a private foundation, Wellspring’s key functions are to conduct research and education tailored to our mission; manage a grantmaking portfolio of various programs, administer grants and monitoring grantee performance; and work to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.
ABOUT WELLSPRING PHILANTHROPIC FUND Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private donor foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and economic and social justice for all. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Wellspring’s work is based on respect for the dignity and value of all human beings and is guided by the following principles: · Institutions and social structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should have the responsibility to achieve it. · Progress is made with respect to people’s rights when the rights of the most marginalized and the most vulnerable are protected. · Social justice movements should use means that correspond to their ideals, and should give an entity to people whose interests seek to improve. · As responsible administrators, we must strive to maximize the impact of our donations. As a private foundation, the key functions of Wellspring are to conduct research and provide personalized learning according to our mission, manage a portfolio of donations in various programs, administer them and monitor the performance of the grantees and work to promote the effectiveness of the programs that receive donations. . Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes that we are strengthened thanks to the diversity of its staff, and welcomes this diversity, including race, identity or expression of gender, educational level, disability, age and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We appreciate receiving requests from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and people with disabilities to submit applications. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equality and inclusion that we seek through our work to replicate them in the rest of the world.
Wellspring contracts, promotes and retains employees according to their professional aptitudes, demonstrated abilities and work performance, in addition to the professional title degree that these skills are required for the available positions according to the requirements and service needs of the Foundation. All decisions related to personnel, which include, among others, decisions on recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, sanctions and dismissal, are made without discrimination on the basis of a protected characteristic as defined by law (eg ., by race, color, religion, nationality, citizenship, origin, age, disability, identity or expression of gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital or family status, nationality of the spouse, military or veteran status, genetic predisposition or state of carrier, and previous criminal conviction, as well as educational level).
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is seeking a program officer to support strategy refinement and grantmaking, as well as internal and external collaboration focused on advancing a locally-rooted, inclusive vision of human rights and social justice, with a focus on Latin America.
· With the Country Programs team and in close partnership with local experts, support the program’s strategy refinement and grantmaking in Latin America through a combination of research; site visits; engagement of local experts, advisors, and organizations; and pro-active coordination and collaboration with Wellspring and with peer grant-makers.
· Act as point person at Wellspring for international program collaboration and coordination in Latin America. With the Country Programs team, develop and advance a learning agenda within Wellspring focused on the Latin American region; identify and engage the appropriate expertise, resources, and support to Wellspring programs to strengthen their work; and support Spanish language use and translation.
· Support learning and collaboration within the program team and across geographic contexts.
· Stay abreast of new developments and trends and provide analysis and synthesize implications for Wellspring.
· For grants in which staff is directly responsible, conduct comprehensive due diligence, including: monitoring and evaluating grantee performance; recommending new, renewal, and final grants; and ensuring grantees satisfactorily complete applications and reports.
· Manage relationships and maintain regular and responsive and respectful communications with all relevant partners.
· Prepare written summaries and evaluations of grant proposals; track spending; enter all information in grants database; prepare and manage consultant contracts.
· Support the development of external reviews and strategic plans for the program; create presentations and written reports for internal learning.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of 7 years of experience working on Latin America with local human rights and social justice organizations required, including working with marginalized communities.
· Experience working in multiple Latin American countries strongly preferred; experience working with regional mechanisms and regionally-focused organizations in Latin American a plus.
· Collaborative, team-oriented workstyle required; ability to connect and coordinate with staff internally as well as with peer grantmakers externally to deepen impact.
· Spanish fluency required; Portuguese a plus.
· Experience working in other developing country contexts, including sub-Saharan Africa, a plus.
· Substantive grantmaking experience strongly preferred; experience with organizational development and leadership support a plus.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to handle a variety of programmatic and administrative tasks independently and meet deadlines.
· Excellent research, writing, editing, and communications skills.
· Initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and strong cross-cultural skills.
· Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
· Relevant graduate degree or commensurate experience.
· Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle – and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $110,000‐$120,000 based on experience. Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, up to $5,250 in annual student loan repayment or college savings assistance for qualified dependents and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is looking for a program officer for Latin America to support strategy optimization and donation recommendations, as well as collaborate internally and externally to achieve an inclusive vision of human rights and social justice rooted in local communities in Latin America. .
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES · Together with the Country Programs team and in close relationship with local experts, support the strategy optimization and recommendation of donations of the program in Latin America combining research work, field visits, interaction with local experts, advisors and organizations; and coordination and active collaboration with Wellspring and other donors. · Act as the main contact for the collaboration and coordination of Wellspring’s international programs in Latin America. Together with the Country Programs team, develop and promote an educational training agenda within Wellspring focused on this region; identify and engage the right experts and resources, and support Wellspring programs to strengthen their work; and collaborate in the translations and use of the Spanish language. ·
CONOCIMIENTOS Y HABILIDADES REQUERIDOS/APTITUDES
· Se requiere una experiencia mínima de 7 años de trabajo sobre América Latina con organizaciones locales de derechos humanos y justicia social, incluyendo trabajo con comunidades marginadas.
· Experiencia de trabajo en varios países de la región es fuertemente preferida; se valorará además experiencia de trabajo con organismos regionales y organizaciones con enfoque latinoamericano.
· Disponibilidad de trabajar en colaboración y en equipo, con capacidad para conectar y coordinar con el equipo de Wellspring, además de asociarse con otros donantes para profundizar impactos.
· Dominio de español es requerido; se valorará dominio de idioma portugués.
· Experiencia de trabajo en países en vías de desarrollo; se valorará, por ejemplo, el trabajo en África subsahariana.
· Experiencia relevante en la autorización de donaciones es fuertemente preferida; también se valorará la experiencia de respaldo de liderazgo y desarrollo organizacional.
· Excelente aptitud organizativa; capacidad para gestionar varias tareas programáticas y administrativas de manera independiente y cumplir plazos.
· Excelente competencia de investigación, escritura y edición, y comunicativas.
· Aptitud para manejar información confidencial con absoluta discreción.
· Título profesional pertinente o experiencia relevante.
· Comprender y valorar la justicia social, incluyendo la igualdad racial y de género como principios operativos organizacionales. Compromiso con el aprendizaje continuo sobre temas relacionados con raza, el género, la igualdad, la diversidad y la inclusión.
SALARIO Y BENEFICIOS
Rango de salario: $110,000 ‐ $120,000 basado en experiencia. Wellspring ofrece un paquete de beneficios muy generoso que incluye el pago del 100% de las primas de seguro de salud para los empleados (y el 80% de las primas para los cónyuges, parejas domésticas y familiares calificados). Wellspring también ofrece otros beneficios, como seguro de vida, protección por discapacidad a largo plazo, un plan de jubilación de grupo 401(k) (con una contribución de el empleador), apoyo para educación continua, hasta $5,250 en pagos anuales de préstamos estudiantiles o asistencia de ahorro para la universidad para dependientes calificados y se compromete a proporcionar atención médica inclusiva para personas transgénero.
HOW TO APPLY:
For employment consideration, please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject
Line: “[Your name]— Country Programs PO.” All applications must include:
· a resumé;
· a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i.e. job portal, referral, etc.) and salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range); and
· one writing sample (no less than 3 and no more than 5 pages, attached in PDF format). No phone calls please.
NOTE: To be employed at Wellspring, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States. If you are not currently authorized to work in the United States and will need to be sponsored, please let us know in your cover letter.
The application deadline is July 5th, 2019.
CÓMO SOLICITAR EL PUESTO:
Para ser considerado para este puesto, envíe su solicitud de empleo a email@example.com. Línea del asunto: “[Su nombre]—Country Programs PO”. Todas las solicitudes deben incluir:
· un CV;
· una carta de presentación formal, que diga cómo se enteró de esta oportunidad laboral (por ej., portal de empleo, referencia, etc.) y el salario esperado (debe especificar el monto y rango en dólares); y
· una muestra de escritura (de no menos de 3 y no más de 5 páginas, adjunto en formato PDF). No se aceptan llamadas telefónicas.
NOTA: Para ser empleado de Wellspring, debe estar legalmente autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos. Si no está actualmente autorizado para trabajar en los Estados Unidos y necesita obtener un patrocinio, incluya esta información en la carta de presentación.
La fecha límite para la presentación de solicitudes es el 5 de Julio del 2019.