The Jed Foundation is a non-profit organization that protects emotional health and prevents suicide for teens and young adults in the United States. JED partners with high schools and colleges to strengthen their mental health, substance misuse and suicide prevention programs and systems.
The Manager, Development Operations will be an integral member of the development team and will be responsible implementing and managing internal systems and processes to ensure smooth and efficient operations to support the functioning of a growing, donor-centric department. Reporting to Director, Foundation Relations, responsibilities include database management, prospect research, prospect and donor tracking, gift acknowledgments, and grant submission and reporting processes, progress to goal tracking, among other key functions.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and implementing processes and systems to support departmental efficiency and growth. Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills and proficiency in Salesforce for nonprofits are required. The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously is important to success in this role.
- Develop a robust donor/prospect tracking system and manage ongoing system implementation. Work closely with director of foundation relations and frontline fundraising staff to manage donor portfolios.
- Develop and maintain gift and grant proposal submission calendar.
- Manage gift and grant reporting processes. Maintain gift and grant reporting calendar, develop report templates, coordinate with program, clinical, finance and learning/evaluation teams to gather all information and data needed for reports, and track reports through the preparation process. Ensure all final reports demonstrate JED’s impact and meet its standards for excellence and are delivered to donors on schedule.
- Collaborate with the finance and administration team to ensure all donor and gift data is accurately processed and the gift acknowledgment process is consistently implemented, accurate, and timely.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports for the Development department to help the team monitor and strengthen performance and functioning. Enhance analysis of donor and volunteer data to facilitate the implementation of more targeted outreach and relationship-building strategies.
- Collaborate with the digital fundraising team to create segmented prospect and donor contact lists to be used for mailings, emails, online appeals, event invitations, and other development communications.
- Manage all aspects of JED’s online giving platform including the creation of giving pages and ensuring all gifts from online pages are properly coded in Salesforce.
- Support the needs of the Development Committee of the board including managing regular financial reports.
- Expertise in SalesForce
- Organization and planning
- Tenacious and excellent follow-up skills
- Flexibility/ adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Teamwork/collaborative spirit
- Communications (written, oral)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and implement new initiatives to increase efficiencies and effectiveness within a team
- Project management experience and ability to manage competing priorities
How To Apply
Submit your resume, cover letter, and brief questionnaire through here: https://jed.pinpointhq.com/en/jobs/17601