Trinity is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Trinity’s culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
The Director, Operations & Partnerships leads the support and partnership functions for the Philanthropies team. The Philanthropies team is charged with leading four strategic initiatives focused on Housing & Homelessness, Racial Justice, Mission Real Estate Development and Leadership Development. The Director advances the work of all four of these strategic initiatives, helps each of them achieve their goals and provides support functions that are needed across all four initiatives. The Director has a particular charge for supporting collaboration and integration across the initiatives, across Trinity and with grantees and other external partners, as well as working as a strategic thought partner with the executive director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Develops and implements a strategy for deploying partnerships, coalition memberships and influence to advance the goals of Trinity’s philanthropic initiatives
– Working with the executive director, identifies, shapes and develops opportunities for partnerships and coalitions with other funders, investors and government partners
– Aligns grantee engagement at the Philanthropies level, working with program teams and the Strategic Projects Officer on grantee communications
– Represents the Philanthropies team in external forums and conversations as needed
– Identifies opportunities for external engagement and coordinates with the Trinity Communications, Government Relations and Neighborhood Support teams as needed to implement
– Acts as a coordinator, communicator, and connector between the initiative teams in Philanthropies and other parts of Trinity, including:
– Works closely with the Communications and Government Relations team to ensure that communications tools are being used to advance initiative goals and impact and that the policy and advocacy goals of the philanthropic initiatives are advanced in alignment with Trinity’s own policy objectives
– Coordinates with Investments team around mission investing strategy and opportunities
– Coordinates with the Neighborhood Support team around shared goals in Lower Manhattan
– Coordinates with Trinity Commons and ministry teams to ensure use of Commons by grantees and other philanthropic partners and good connections between Philanthropies work and the congregation
– Works closely with Finance, Legal, HR and other teams within Trinity to ensure both impact and compliance
– Works with the Managing Director, Grants Management on the budget development process for the Philanthropies team including administrative costs, coordinating calendars, and staffing.
– Serves as an early warning system and surfaces potential problems resulting from internal miscommunication, lack of process with another department
– Leads Philanthropies team coordination and manages cross team needs including:
Oversees development and execution of strategy updates, team retreats and offsites
– Identifies and implements systems to support the team, e.g. SharePoint, CRM
Coordinates with the executive director, Strategic Projects Officer, Executive Assistant for MDs, and ED’s executive assistant to align on calendars, schedules, team meetings and event planning
– Oversees onboarding of new team members, working with the ED’s executive assistant
– Identifies potential improvements to work practices and approaches
– Contributes to an entrepreneurial work environment and positive culture of high impact, focused on outcomes
– Ensures that all work is approached with rigorous execution and the highest standards of ethics, aligned with Trinity’s core values
– Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Church Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules
– Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– Experience with managing complex projects.
– Experience navigating a complex and multi-facetted organization and building relationships with peers.
– Experience with external relations, government or public engagement.
– Experience with internal communications
– Experience developing and launching new initiatives.
– Experience of focusing on a goal, rallying people to meet it, measuring progress to goal and course-correcting as needed.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
– 5 to 7 years of non-profit, foundation or government experience.
– Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
– Leadership skills, particularly the ability to lead by influence, collaboration, and consensus-building.
– Knowledge of grantmaking processes and/or mission investing preferred
– Organizational skills that include capacity to plan, implement, and oversee multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives. Ability to set priorities decisively, delegate responsibilities, assure accountability, and allocate resources appropriately to achieve results.
– Experience with one or more subject areas of racial justice, affordable housing, mission real estate and/or leadership development preferred.
– An understanding of the particular dynamics presented by Trinity being a religious institution.
– Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
– Ability to travel up to 5% of the time (mostly domestically).
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers