The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission—unchanged since 1913—is to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Together with partners and grantees, The Rockefeller Foundation strives to catalyze and scale transformative innovations, create unlikely partnerships that span sectors, and take risks others cannot.
The Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for managing the Foundation’s budget/forecast, financial reporting analysis and financial systems functions. This position assists the Controller in directing financial reporting, budget & forecast management, and ensures data integrity across all financial systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and manages issuance of foundation-wide monthly budget statements through the use of the Financial Reporting/Budget System.
- Preparation of Board docket financial materials & exhibits for Board committees.
- Manages budget and oversees all budgeting activities.
- Produces monthly budget v. actual reports for senior management to facilitate decision making
- Supervises year end payout process
- Oversees and coordinates cash flow planning and reporting along with the Controller
- Assists the Controller in preparation and analysis of annual budgets and multi-year financial planning
- Designs and develops budgetary guidelines to optimize the budget/forecast processes
- Facilitates annual and longer term payroll planning working with managers across the Foundation
- Leads and collaborates alongside RF program teams to help plan, manage and provide analysis for multi-year grant and administrative spending.
- Provides reports for annual Workers Compensation Audit and 990 PF tax return.
- Supervising the activities of one staff professional.
- Oversees compilation of key financial data utilizing visualization tools that provides staff with access to data that is simple and easy to follow
- Identifies and details variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
- Analyze financial information to ensure all operations are within budget and identify shifts amongst all teams
- The Manager of Financial Reporting reports to the Controller of the Foundation.
- The Controller will provide general support to the Manager of Financial Reporting’s day to day responsibilities, so the Manager of Financial Reporting will be expected to work independently the majority of the time.
- The Controller will however provide “stretch” responsibilities to allow the Manager of Financial Reporting to grow professionally.
- The Manager of Financial Reporting supervises the Data Analyst.
- The Manager of Financial Reporting will work to develop his/her staff and will conduct performance reviews of his/her direct reports ensuring goals for the team are aligned.
Qualifications & Skills:
Leadership: Vision, innovation, thought leadership, collaboration, integrity, accountability and emotional intelligence.
People Management: Skills in team building, coaching, mentoring, delegating, inspiring and motivating.
Strategic Ability: Ability to see opportunities, design innovative approaches backed by strong analysis and planning.
Execution: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task.
Partnership and relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building.
Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities, using analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect and broad organizational interests.
Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; exceptional listening written and verbal skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four year undergraduate degree in accounting
- 5 – 7 years of financial statement preparation experience
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with a range of software applications
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer