NPower creates pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from under-served communities.
NPower is a national nonprofit that provides training to nearly 1200 young adults and military veterans across six US locations – New York City, Jersey City, Dallas, St. Louis, Baltimore, and the San Francisco Bay Area. NPower also has a program in Toronto, Canada.
Through its award-winning and demanding 15-week instructor-led “Technology Fundamentals” training course followed by a 7-week paid internship with one of NPower’ s corporate or nonprofit employer partners, NPower is creating a future where our domestic technology workforce is diverse, and clear pathways exist for all people regardless of ethnicity, gender, or socio-economic background to succeed in our digital economy.
To build on its tremendous growth over the past five years, NPower is seeking a Vice President for Philanthropy. In 2012, NPower’ s budget was $3.7 million, for 2018 the revenue budget is $16.5 million, and would like to see that grow to $18 million by 2020.
Currently, approximately 35% of philanthropic revenue is earned from corporations, 20% from foundations, 15% from individuals, and 10% from NPower’ s annual Gala, which is recognized as an important networking event for senior level technologists around the country. This year’s 2018 honorees included Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM and Don Callahan, Citi’s Global Head of Technology. Past honorees have included Chuck Robbins, CEO of Cisco; Meg Whitman, former CEO of HPE; Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce; and Michael Dell of Dell Computers.
Other revenue includes 8% from government sources and 12% from internship fees. NPower also receives revenue from sources located in the cities where it has program operations. At least 50% of revenue is generated from NYC-based sources and/or NYC-based activities.
NPower is seeking candidates who are passionate about NPower’ s mission and can translate NPower’ s case to funders and philanthropists. Today, NPower’ s fundraising activities are focused primarily on corporations and foundations, and the Vice President will be expected to continue the success of institutional philanthropy along with development a strategic plan for individual giving.
Reporting directly to NPower CEO, Bertina Ceccarelli, the Vice President will be part of the senior executive team and serve as a key leader for the organization. NPower’ s board is also deeply engaged and active in fundraising. The Vice President will be expected to work closely with the board on all aspects of their involvement in NPower.
The Vice President will oversee a team of eleven: one senior grant writer, three junior grant writers, a CA-based development director, a TX-based development manager, two currently open development director roles, a development operations manager and two analysts who help prepare grant reports and track program results and manage Salesforce.
• Develop and execute an annual and a three-year plan to reach organizational revenue goals. 2018’s goal was $14.3M and NPower aims to grow to $18M by 2020.
• Develop and execute an effective individual/major giving strategy.
• Work closely to involve NPower’s program and administrative leadership in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects.
• Personally manage the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of high net worth donors/prospects.
• Develop the case for giving and tailor to NPower’ s most important donor audiences.
• Work closely with the VP, Marketing to build and implement a formal, institutional donor communications plan.
• Provide strong direction and management to the development team, including the effective management of all systems, processes, and metrics related to fundraising results and activity.
• Manage backend development functions related to fundraising.
• Partner with NPower’ s CEO to staff the Nominating Committee of the Board.
• As a direct report of the CEO, serve as a key leader for the organization and serve on NPower’ s executive team to guide strategic vision.
• Genuine passion for NPower’ s mission
• 10+ years fundraising leadership and/or related experience
• Successful track record of closing significant individual and foundation gifts and grants
• Energetic, supportive leader with experience inspiring a team of 11
• Demonstrated experience nurturing talent and developing staff members to stretch and grow in current and new roles
• Experience working closely with a Board of Directors and a highly invested Development Committee
• Dynamic, charismatic communicator and listener.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards in management, governance, and fund development
• Demonstrated ability to maintain positive and engaging relationships.
• Proactive and strategic thinker with the ability to work both individually and collaboratively.
• Experience utilizing a development relationship management database.
This position description is based upon material provided by NPower, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to this position please visit www.DRGsearch.com
How To Apply
Please apply to Carmel Napolitano, Senior Consultant, DRG Search through this link —http://drgsearch.com/current-searches/?postid=CiVhhWjBkiI&directApply=1