Trinity is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Trinity’s culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
Now is an especially exciting time for employees to join Trinity as we are in a phase of expansion. In the coming years we will be hiring to facilitate the growth of programs at Trinity Commons (our new parish center scheduled to open in spring 2020) and our increasing philanthropic activities at home and abroad.
The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive set of activities to ensure that the four strategic initiatives, as well as Special Opportunity grants, of the Grants and Mission Investing (GMI) team are able to track success, course correct as needed and maximize impact. The Director of Monitoring and Evaluation is part of the Operations & Planning group which is charged with advancing the work of the strategic initiatives, helps each of them achieve their goals and provides support functions that are needed across all four initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Manage the redesign, implementation and functioning of a Monitoring and Evaluation framework and system across the GMI team’s four strategic initiatives to improve the assessment of impact and further inform the strategy of each of the four initiatives.
o Develop a process to aggregate grantee impact and program results to include new monitoring methodologies and reporting requirements.
o Produce reports for the GMI team, colleagues and the governing body of the church presenting results on the goals and outcomes identified in each strategic initiative’s Theory of Change.
o Conduct ongoing monitoring and annual reviews of the strategic initiatives to capture the GMI’s impact and use these reviews to share results and lessons learned across initiatives.
o Identify a process for evaluation of the initiatives over a multi-year period.
• Identify stories of impact for public distribution, in collaboration with program staff and the Trinity communications office.
• Contribute to organizational learning through the design of procedures, processes, and systems to encourage and facilitate effective sharing of program results, approaches, and lessons learned throughout the team and organization.
• Manage the design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework and system for Special Opportunity grants.
• Manage a process for periodic assessment of grantee and partner perception of Trinity.
• Participate in processes to determine the monitoring and evaluation components of new or emerging practices such as mission investing.
Internal Engagement and Team Culture
• Work closely with program staff of all four strategic initiatives and Special Opportunity grants, as well as Trinity Church’s Communications Department.
• Contribute to an entrepreneurial work environment and positive culture of high impact, focused on outcomes.
• Ensure that all work is approached with rigorous execution and the highest standards of ethics, aligned with Trinity’s core values.
• Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
• Perform all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
• Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Advanced skills in monitoring, evaluation, and learning methods. Must have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs, along with policy change.
• Experience in knowledge management, data analysis, project design, proposal writing, project implementation, budgeting, and reporting is essential.
• Strong communication, organizational, networking, and writing skills are essential.
• Good at multi-tasking under tight deadlines and strong team player.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
• 3-5 years of experience in designing evaluation plans in accordance with available budgets and resources, developing and applying evaluation process tools, data collection and analysis.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
• Demonstrated experience managing data using Excel.
• Bachelor’s Degree required or an equivalent combination of training and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers