ABOUT BOREALIS PHILANTHROPY
Borealis Philanthropy works as a partner to philanthropy, helping grantmakers expand their reach and impact.
The growing organization provides a high level of service to funders and grantees by conducting work in a manner that is collaborative, transparent, and accountable. Program initiatives include Immigration, Movement Building, Criminal Justice Reform, and Racial Equity.
Borealis is in high growth mode, leaping from managing one donor collaborative fund and less than $1M in grants in 2015 to managing eight funds, $25M in grants, and a $29M total operating budget in 2018. Borealis’ credibility and reputation in the field, coupled with a surge in philanthropic response to rising social justice issues and movements in the past few years, have created fast growing external demand for its roles and services. Borealis currently has a full-time staff of 20 across the country.
For more information on Borealis Philanthropy, please visit borealisphilanthropy.org.
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
LOCATION: FLEXIBLE, US
ABOUT BOREALIS PHILANTHROPY:
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader with a solid financial and people operations background and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, high-impact, well-respected, mission-driven organization.
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Administration and Finance will work closely with leadership to create an environment for success that inspires staff and provides holistic, adaptive systems to support the organization’s mission and values. The Vice President will supervise the Director of Finance, Human Resources Manager, Senior Grants Manager, and Operations Associate.
Responsibilities will include:
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Serve as the internal leader, providing remote staff with a strong day-to-day leadership presence that promotes cross-team collaboration, communication, and a commitment to Borealis values
- In partnership with the President and Vice President of Programs, be the primary advisor regarding finance and operational practices, organizational strategy and goals, and team management
- Function as a key player in the implementation of Borealis’ strategic plan goals and operational objectives, including new business development
- Lead the finance and operations team development and annual work planning and evaluation activities
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President informed of all critical issues
- Serve as the management liaison to the Board of Directors; effectively communicate and present financial matters at Board and Committee meetings
- Oversee human resources functions with a social justice lens, ensuring Borealis’ values are reflected in HR and management practices
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and well-being that values learning, diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to supporting the lived experiences of Borealis’ staff
- Lead staff mentoring and development using a supportive and collaborative approach
- Further develop Borealis’ HR initiatives, enhancing professional and leadership development by implementing equitable best practices regarding compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting
Finance and Administration
- Manage and lead annual budgeting and planning process
- Oversee cash management and investment strategies for the organization
- Review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team and Board abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Oversee and manage administrative and technological functions to ensure the infrastructure is in place to support a growing, complex organization
We are looking for a mission-driven professional with the agility, enthusiasm, and aptitude to thrive in a dynamic and fast growing organization. Candidates should have:
- A deep commitment to the core values and principles of Borealis and passion for the issues, communities, and movements the organization supports
- Demonstrated ability to involve and work collaboratively and effectively with peers in joint and shared efforts, serving as a strategic thought partner with the senior management team and program leadership and approaching the work with a coach/mentor mentality
- At least 10 years of finance and operations leadership experience, with experience driving equitable practices across an organization
- Skills in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial, HR, and technology policies and procedures, with experience developing systems to track and continuously improve organizational culture objectives
- An ability to perform effectively under pressure and to practice strong organizational skills when faced with multiple time-sensitive priorities
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards
- Ability to work remotely, within a virtual organization
- Knowledge of grants management is a plus
The annual salary range for this role will be $145K-$170K, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Borealis offers excellent benefits, including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, Trans Health Benefit program, 401k plan, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, 12 paid holidays plus the days between December 24th-January 1st, paid parental leave, and a generous PTO program.
Borealis is a virtual organization where staff primarily work remotely from home offices. Borealis provides financial support for home office setup along with options for coworking office space in particular locations.
Borealis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. Borealis is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. Borealis strongly encourages applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education, and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit koyapartners.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fsqxb6z2d8938cvy
How To Apply
Trisha Sutrisno of Koya Leadership Partners has been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.