Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
· Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential and should be accountable to these ends.
· The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
· Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
· As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
As a private foundation, Wellspring’s key functions are to conduct research and education tailored to our mission; manage a grantmaking portfolio of various programs, administer grants and monitoring grantee performance; and work to promote the effectiveness of programs that receive donor funding.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a Grants Management Assistant. The Grants Management Assistant will work under the direction of the NY-based Deputy Director of Grants Management to collaborate with and provide administrative support to a vibrant GM team of ten, split between New York City and Washington, DC.
- Serve as primary coordinator for grantee reports via the Reports inbox and Grantee portal:
- Receive report submissions, review for legitimacy and accuracy, log in the GM database, and assign review workflows.
- Send reminders regarding upcoming and overdue reports; follow-up with grantees at risk of being block-listed.
- Respond to inquiries from grantees including requests for reporting templates and requests for extensions that are less than 30 days; elevate requests for longer extensions.
- Cross reference report inbox emails and online report portal, and update any overlapping of report submissions.
- Work with GM team and program staff to resolve any reporting questions or issues, and serve as back up reviewer of reports.
- Support Wellspring’s Equivalency Determination program by loading documentation into the grants database, updating status fields, and assisting with periodic reviews of expiration dates and renewals.
- Provide testing of new releases to GM database, identifying and elevating bugs to the Director or Deputy Director of GM.
- Assist with contacts management in the GM database, including monthly updates of foreign grantee board members, and grooming of contacts details and roles.
- Complete monthly scan of system for grants where all requirements have been met, and close them out.
- Contribute to OFAC compliance by running relevant contacts through external database prior to each grant docket.
- Assist with coordination of meetings, catered meals, and travel for the GM team, as well as the creation of the annual grants calendar and related reminders.
- Take on special projects and other administrative tasks as needed; as time allows support grants management associates with intake of applications and initial screening tasks, including reviewing grantee financial documents.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Above all this role requires a keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills, exceptional judgement and discretion, and proven ability to follow through on a project.
- The ability to be flexible and solutions-oriented in a fast-paced environment is also essential.
- You will thrive in this role if you bring a team-oriented approach, an understanding of the value of administrative work, a thirst for learning, and a sense of humor.
- Comfort with technology required; Experience with relational databases and Microsoft Office important, but teachable.
- College degree or equivalent experience required; 1-2 years of work experience in a professional office strongly preferred.
- Spanish proficiency (written and spoken) preferred.
- Knowledge of digital security (including recognition of phishing/spoofing attempts) a plus.
- A commitment to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is required of all Wellspring staff as we value social justice as an organizational operating principle.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $50-$55,000 based on experience. Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, up to $5,250 in annual student loan repayment or college savings assistance for qualified dependents and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
How To Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to email@example.com Subject Line: “[Your name]— Grants Management Assistant” All applications must include:
· a resumé;
· a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i.e. job portal, referral, etc.) salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range); and a description of your fit for and interest in this role.
The application deadline is February 14, 2020.