Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing and inclusive Episcopal parish that seeks to serve and heal the world by building neighborhoods that live Gospel truths, generations of faithful leaders, and sustainable communities. We are guided by our core values: faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship. Members come from New York City and surrounding areas to form a racially, ethnically, and economically diverse congregation. Trinity Church and St. Paul’s Chapel are the cornerstones of the parish’s community life, worship, and mission.
The Grants Associate, Grants Management provides administrative support and review for grants in 2-3 of Trinity’s strategic initiatives as part of the Operations and Planning Group within the Grants & Mission Investing (GMI) team. Additionally, this position helps to prepare materials for Grants Committee review and provides database (Fluxx) support. The GMI team uses grants, mission investments, convenings and policy engagement to drive impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor registration of grant applicants and monitor and manage updates to registrations, including liaising with Treasury department, if applicable.
- For grantmaking areas
- Review due diligence questions and grant structuring.
- Review written recommendations for the Grants Committee.
- Release award email, as well as prepare and send grant agreements.
- Review grantee reports and prepare release of payment connected to a report
- Close completed grants that have been reviewed by the Grants Committee.
- As needed, initiate grant payments, including working with Lead Officers and Treasury to verify payment information, as well as notifying and confirming payments with grantees.
- In consultation with initiative staff, maintain integrity of grants management database including deduping and monitoring email queue.
- Support maintenance of Fluxx database.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with grants database programs, ideally with Fluxx.
- Experience with grantmaking and managing relationships with grantees.
- Extremely detail orientated.
- Demonstrates flexibility when assigned new tasks and new goals.
- Maintains professional demeanor in all situations and proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work in a mission/results-driven environment.
- Flexible and able to work well with all levels of internal and external leadership and management as well as outside constituents.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training or experience preferred.
- At least 1.5 years of experience in grants management.
- Experience with grantees outside the US preferred.
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers