Trinity Church Wall Street is a growing and inclusive Episcopal parish that seeks to serve and heal the world by building neighborhoods that live Gospel truths, generations of faithful leaders, and sustainable communities. We are guided by our core values: faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship. Members come from New York City and surrounding areas to form a racially, ethnically, and economically diverse congregation. Trinity Church and St. Paul’s Chapel are the cornerstones of the parish’s community life, worship, and mission.
The Program Assistant provides administrative and programming support to the Operations and Planning team within the Grants and Mission Investing (GMI) department. The Operations and Planning team includes a Managing Director, a Grants Manager, a Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, and a Program Officer. The Program Assistant works closely with all team to ensure smooth operations of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of and in partnership with the Managing Director:
- Compiles and processes administrative expense reports and reimbursements incurred by the Operations and Planning team; supports processing invoices for expenses for multiple strategic initiatives.
- Handles logistics for team meetings and events including set-up, scheduling rooms, IT notification, food, materials, etc. Prepares materials for team meetings and handles necessary follow-up.
- Liaise with Corporate Secretary for Grants Committee preparation including electronic communication and attendance for the meeting, as well as support as needed during the meeting.
- Maintains team calendar and identifies potential conflicts or synergies, working closely with the Chief Philanthropy Officer’s Executive Assistant.
- Maintains GMI schedule of team meetings and agenda items, as well as assigned Core Values.
- Maintains GMI’s affinity group memberships, as well as the team’s digital subscriptions.
- Organizes hospitality for visitors as needed.
- Coordinates with other GMI program assistants on calendars, events and department-wide activities.
- Attends meetings, records and writes up notes.
- Works across departments such as Communications, IT, Real Estate, Finance and Legal as required for projects and events.
- Proactively suggests ideas for process or system improvements.
- Initiate grant payments for all four initiatives and Special Opportunity, including working with Lead Officers and Treasury to verify payment information, as well as notifying and confirming payments with grantees.
- Provide communication support and responds to email inquiries about the Grants & Mission Investing grantmaking process.
- In collaboration with Managing Director and other program assistants, develops and maintains departmental administrative procedures manual.
- Serves as primary liaison with IT for GMI’s SharePoint libraries. Maintains and updates libraries as needed and suggests improvements.
- Works with Human Resources and IT teams to ensure smooth onboarding of new staff members.
- Adheres to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Church Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assumes other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with meeting planning and related logistics
- Creative, problem solver
- Team player and experience working in a team context
- Demonstrates flexibility when assigned new tasks, new goals, and new systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, courteous and able to handle multiple priorities
- Cultural awareness and the willingness to learn and to work with diverse cultures and populations
- Available as needed for occasional evening and weekend meetings and/or events
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- A minimum of one year of administrative or program experience.
- Familiar with CRM or other database management programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of training and/or work experience, in administration, hospitality, customer service or related field.
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers