The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Senior Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Take Steps) works in partnership with Foundation leaders, community volunteers and committees to drive growth and success in the Take Steps fundraising campaign. This individual will identify, recruit, train and partner with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize their engagement in order to advance the mission of the Foundation.
The Senior Manager travels throughout the designated market area to meet with constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters. The Senior Manager will identify and cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the IBD community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Implement Foundation best practices regarding recruitment and management of high-level volunteers, strategic initiatives, revenue generating activities and event day logistics resulting in meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
- Go the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, use that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way. Communicate shared vision by utilizing National campaign and marketing materials, adjusting as appropriate.
- Oversee creation of annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management to ensure success of the peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.
- Ensure revenue goal is achieved by overseeing development, implementation and assessment of year-round strategic fundraising plans for all Take Steps walks. Plan includes campaign revenue drivers: proactive team engagement, acquisition, day of experience, sponsorship and data-revenue tracking and assessment. Make timely adjustments to fundraising strategies as needed.
- Develop and facilitate relationships for donor cultivation and engagement opportunities through execution of impactful events.
- Drive new corporate partnerships and pipeline growth through a variety of mechanisms including prospecting and leveraging key relationships within the community.
- Monitor campaign key performance indicators through utilization of data and adjust fundraising strategies as necessary.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, develop, implement and monitor an annual Take Steps budget.
- In partnership with seasonal event coordinators, oversee the coordination of all collateral materials related to fundraising events.
- In partnership with Take Steps volunteer committees, oversee public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local regions while advancing the Foundation’s mission, goals and values.
- Stay informed about National Office strategies and actively utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the Foundation’s strategic plan, operations and mission.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Build a compelling vision for growth and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve this vision.
- Work with leadership volunteers and committees to identify, recruit and engage volunteers who have potential to make a significant impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability and recognition.
- Partner with and provide comprehensive support to volunteer committees in order to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, walk or run, etc.
- Knowledgeable in corporate giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in committee and volunteer management and development.
- Familiarity with major gifts and Moves Management.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning, budgeting and utilization of data to drive results.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably managing a team.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization, and externally with volunteers and partners.
- Exceptional written/oral presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Donor Direct and Convio a plus.
- Must possess a good credit history.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis career page.