The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. Whttps://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/e fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
We are seeking a passionate Email marketing manager to join our Marketing team. You will be responsible for producing email campaigns and customer journeys via the Salesforce Marketing Cloud for both our national and multi-chapter campaigns. As part of this role, you will work directly with stakeholders, the marketing team, and occasionally external vendors. Responsibilities include list selection and segmentation, email design, editing, production, deployment, and results reporting, as well as sharing guidance and email best practices with stakeholders across the organization. Your email campaigns will deliver targeted, relevant, and timely information. The ideal candidate is an email operations professional and has hands-on skills & expertise with Email Service Providers and modern features like journey builders, personalization tools, and customer segmentation.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with internal departments in the creation and implementation of email campaigns and projects.
- Work with stakeholders to draft and/or wordsmith subject lines, body copy, and formats in order to bring the message to life.
- Write body text copy and develop designs for chapter-specific monthly newsletters. These will be customizable to add key local messaging and events details, while including consistent national messaging.
- Brainstorm and apply logistical email knowledge to marketing campaigns.
- Create and deploy dynamic, personalized emails, create email templates.
- Develop a process for streamlining chapter mailings, leveraging Salesforce capabilities, templates, journeys, etc.
- Manage chapter email calendar, interface with Direct Response team on national email calendar.
- Track and report on email campaigns and related follow-up campaigns.
- Manage deliverability rates, bounce/block reports and resolve any issues.
- Analyze campaigns and recommend best practices, AB testing, new trends in email, etc.
- Track Foundation open, unsubscribe, and clickthrough rates, looking for patterns and areas of concern, and provide recommendations to address.
- Manage the end-to-end email QA process.
- Own regular and custom campaign reporting on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis for the email channel. Look for ways to evolve how we measure success.
- Work with email, creative, and editorial teams to analyze campaigns and make content and testing recommendations based on past performance.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience in email marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Strong copywriting and copyediting skills
- Deep understanding of email and mobile marketing best practices, including CAN-SPAM laws
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Proven success in coding and creating results-driven, responsive design emails and templates
- Understanding of how to translate reported results into actionable growth opportunities
- Expertise in customer databases: relational database structure, data relationships, import and export processes.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Advanced excel/google sheets knowledge
- Comfort multitasking and prioritizing multiple projects
- Experience with A/B testing, analysis and reporting
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced understanding of Google Analytics
- Passion for marketing, data, and learning new technology
• Experience with dynamically scripted emails
• Strong email HTML coding experience — minimum 2-4 years’ experience
• Excellent time-management skills, organization, and project management skills
• Ability to quickly identify and address operational and process issues
• Knowledge of Drupal a plus
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.