Trinity is a growing and inclusive Episcopal community in Lower Manhattan that seeks to serve and heal the world through a wide range of ministries and programs. Join a team of more than 200 employees in New York City who are working to make a difference in people’s lives and transform communities.
Our work is grounded in our core values of faith, integrity, inclusiveness, compassion, social justice, and stewardship.
Trinity’s culture celebrates diversity, and our employees come from a variety of cultural, religious, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds. We all share a common mission: to build generations of faithful leadership, to build up neighborhoods, and to build financial capacity for holy service in New York City and around the world.
The Director, Operations & Partnerships leads the support and partnership functions for the Grants and Mission Investing (GMI) team. The GMI team is charged with leading four strategic initiatives focused on Housing & Homelessness, Racial Justice, Mission Real Estate Development and Leadership Development. The Director advances the work of all four of these strategic initiatives, helps each of them achieve their goals and provides support functions that are needed across all four initiatives. The Director has a particular charge for supporting collaboration and integration across the initiatives, across Trinity and with grantees and other external partners, as well as working as a strategic thought partner with the CPO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads GMI team coordination and manages cross team needs including:
- Oversees development and execution of strategy updates, team retreats and offsites
- Identifies and implements systems to support GMI team, e.g. SharePoint, CRM
- Coordinates with the CPO, Strategic Projects Officer, Executive Assistant for MDs, and CPO’s executive assistant to align on calendars, schedules, team meetings and event planning
- Oversees onboarding of new team members, working with the CPO’s executive assistant
- Identifies potential improvements to work practices and approaches
- Acts as a coordinator, communicator, and connector between the initiative teams in GMI and other parts of Trinity, including:
- Works closely with the Communications team to ensure that communications tools are being used to advance initiative goals and impact, including coordinating on website content
- Coordinates with Investments team around mission investing strategy and opportunities
- Coordinates with Trinity Commons and other relevant teams around neighborhood focused work
- Coordinates with ministry teams to ensure good connections between GMI’s work and the congregation
- Works closely with finance, legal, HR and other teams within Trinity to ensure both impact and compliance
- Works with the Managing Director, Grants Management on the budget development process for the GMI team including administrative costs, coordinating GMI calendars, and staffing.
- Serves as an early warning system and surfaces potential problems resulting from internal miscommunication, lack of process with another department
- Working with the CPO, identifies and develops opportunities for partnerships with other funders and investors
- Coordinates grantee engagement at the GMI level, including grantee communications and events, working with program teams and the Strategic Projects Officer
- Develops strategy and plan for Special Opportunities grants in collaboration with CPO and Strategic Projects Officer who serves as the program officer for these grants
- Team Culture
- Contributes to an entrepreneurial work environment and positive culture of high impact, focused on outcomes
- Ensures that all work is approached with rigorous execution and the highest standards of ethics, aligned with Trinity’s core values
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with managing complex projects.
- Experience navigating a complex and multi-facetted organization and building relationships with peers.
- Experience with internal communications, external relations or public engagement.
- Experience developing and launching new initiatives.
- Experience of focusing on a goal, rallying people to meet it, measuring progress to goal and course-correcting as needed.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- 5 to 7 years of non-profit, foundation or government experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
- Leadership skills, particularly the ability to lead by influence, collaboration, and consensus-building.
- Knowledge of grantmaking processes and/or mission investing preferred
- Organizational skills that include capacity to plan, implement, and oversee multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives. Ability to set priorities decisively, delegate responsibilities, assure accountability, and allocate resources appropriately to achieve results.
- Experience with one or more subject areas of racial justice, affordable housing, mission real estate and/or leadership development preferred.
- An understanding of the particular dynamics presented by Trinity being a religious institution.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time (mostly domestically).
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers